Space 220 Lounge wheelchair accessible seating

I Believe in Pixie dust

Earning My Ears
I was hoping to make a reservation for my family of 5 in the Space 220 lounge but want to make sure this section of the restaurant accommodates wheelchair seating at the tables. Does anyone have experience to share? Thanks!

The lounge only has tables that seat four (and they will not seat more than four at a table), so you’d need to break your group up into a table of two and a table of three. But, yes, I believe the tables would be wheelchair accessible - I don’t have direct experience with that, but they are not booths; they are tables with removable chairs.

This is the Lounge. You can see tables for 2 and tables for 4.

space-220-restaurant-lounge-6.jpg

I did see a woman in a wheelchair in the Lounge on my visit to Space 220 last month. They just moved a chair out of the way to position her chair into the spot. None of my pictures were facing towards that direction though.

I did see a woman in a wheelchair in the Lounge on my visit to Space 220 last month. They just moved a chair out of the way to position her chair into the spot. None of my pictures were facing towards that direction though.
Thank you! I’m afraid the table is too small for all five of us to sit around it. My daughter does not eat however I don’t think the lounge is an option for us. Was trying to save a little money by dining in the lounge but I’m afraid I will need to book in the dining area. Thank you for your response!

Thank you! I’m afraid the table is too small for all five of us to sit around it. My daughter does not eat however I don’t think the lounge is an option for us. Was trying to save a little money by dining in the lounge but I’m afraid I will need to book in the dining area. Thank you for your response!
Even if you thought you would fit, they won’t allow five of you to sit together in the lounge - four is the max they will seat together. You can split your group into two and three, and they will not allow you to move the tables together, but they will try to seat the two groups near to one another. If you must sit together, then the dining room is your only option.

Lounge experience Jan 2023: If you talk to the Manager they may allow a child (eg our 3 year old) to sit on your lap. So you can book 2 tables for 2 and seat 5 but you will only get 4 seats and they will not be next to each other. They do not have high chairs and will not pull tables together. I was ready to not be allowed to go in and we were 2 tables away (so our party did get split and our teen and 6 year old would have been sitting 2 tables away).

I thought we would save money eating in the lounge, but we ended up with a similar bill btw (kids allergies meant we had to order meals for them). I would rather sit together in the main dining area and order from the lunch menu. Seating took a while and it was super hot in the queue and everyone was super hungry by the time we got seated.

Last edited:
If you do the above, the person checking in will absolutely push against allowing 5 people in when you’ve booked 2 tables for 2, but the manager gave us the suggestion to hold a child or she could seat us for lunch. I was ready to walk away and ride test track single rider. Our times overlapped (5-10 mins apart) for the reservations (book using 2 accounts). They will not seat you together if times are over 1 hour apart (normal booking using 1 account).

Honestly I would try to book a table for 4 and 2, but when I checked there were no tables for 4 even 60+7. People are booking longer trips so that advantage has reduced (Topolinos we got 60+8, but this was New Years week).

Even if you thought you would fit, they won’t allow five of you to sit together in the lounge - four is the max they will seat together. You can split your group into two and three, and they will not allow you to move the tables together, but they will try to seat the two groups near to one another. If you must sit together, then the dining room is your only option.

This absolutely.

I think many people think it’s about comfort… it isn’t. It’s against the fire code. You can replace a chair with a wheel chair. But you can’t add a wheelchair to a table that is already fully occupied.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter