• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Space 220 Lounge

Planner2012

Mouseketeer
I tried to book Space 220 Lounge at my 60 day mark, but there was no availability. I have been checking everyday, multiple times, since then. We are now just over 2 weeks out and I have had no luck for any day of our trip. I will keep trying, but I'm wondering if anyone has been successful in getting a reservation this close to their trip?
I know cancellations happen all of the time, but I'm starting to think this reservation is just not going to happen.

It's a very tough reservation to get. Even at 60+5 days it was very slim availability when we were able to make our booking! There's always a possibility that you'll be able to snag a last minute reservation if someone cancels. Set up dining alerts if you can.

You could also try getting your name on the walk up list right when they open. They have about 10 bar seats that are first come, first serve. The only thing is your back will be towards the screen.

How many people are in your party? The app and website let you search for larger parties, but I believe the lounge only has 2-tops and 4-tops so searching for smaller parties might help. However, as others have said, it's just a very popular reservation. Keep checking! Hope it works out!!

Space 220 lounge is the only place I have never been able to get a reservation at, despite many attempts trying. Even when it was at the end of my resort stay: I could get a table for 2 but not 4.

Yep, we wanted the lounge specifically (we've done both, the dinner wasn't bad as people say but it was a lot of food). We're on an 8 day trip and we had to push it to the last day to get a Lounge reservation searching at 6am eastern on the dot.

I will say we did snag last minute tables for the dinner on an earlier trip, if you really want to get in there that's your easier path. We enjoyed the dinner quite a bit, it was just the night after we ate at Topolino's which was amongst the best meals we've had on property so... yeah.

Also... we go with another family, and across the 7 of us this restaurant was three people's #1 must do restaurant. The theming really is that cool.

It's a very tough reservation to get. Even at 60+5 days it was very slim availability when we were able to make our booking! There's always a possibility that you'll be able to snag a last minute reservation if someone cancels. Set up dining alerts if you can.

You could also try getting your name on the walk up list right when they open. They have about 10 bar seats that are first come, first serve. The only thing is your back will be towards the screen.
What does that mean 60 +5?

What does that mean 60 +5?
It means you have a 5 day stay booked, and you get ADRs for the whole trip 60 days prior to the first night of your reservation, so you effectively have a 65 day lead time on the reservation for the end of your trip.

Well I tried at 6 am on the dot for reservations for both the restaurant and the lounge , party of two, and couldn’t get one! That is ridiculous! I hope this is not a prelude to trying to reserve lightning lanes and genie plus reservations!! We will be there the last two weeks of March

Well I tried at 6 am on the dot for reservations for both the restaurant and the lounge , party of two, and couldn’t get one! That is ridiculous! I hope this is not a prelude to trying to reserve lightning lanes and genie plus reservations!! We will be there the last two weeks of March
There are only like 8-9 tables in the lounge so it’s a tough get. The bar is first come first serve and has maybe 10-12 stools perhaps a few more. We were able to get a reservation while we were there on our last trip in late November (day of or day before can’t recall exactly) so things will open up sometimes … keep checking.

Are you staying at a resort with 60+10 ADR advantages? If so, try for the very end of your stay and you should find something. If not, sign up for a dining alert.

How do you get 10 ADR advantages? We are staying at Disney deluxe villas , old key west amd wilderness lodge

How do you get 10 ADR advantages? We are staying at Disney deluxe villas , old key west amd wilderness lodge
If you are staying on property, your entire reservation will open at the 60 day mark, up to 10 days. If my stay started a day before yours, I would have access to 9 of your reservation days before your opportunity to book opened. That’s why people say the later days in a longer reservation are an advantage. Any day beyond that would be done at the 60-day mark.

If you are staying on property, your entire reservation will open at the 60 day mark, up to 10 days. If my stay started a day before yours, I would have access to 9 of your reservation days before your opportunity to book opened. That’s why people say the later days in a longer reservation are an advantage. Any day beyond that would be done at the 60-day mark.
Every time I have done a split day, it makes me wait until the beginning of the next "split" to make ADRs. So if you have the 10 days split up it negates the +10 advantage.

Is this what others have experienced with split stays?

Every time I have done a split day, it makes me wait until the beginning of the next "split" to make ADRs. So if you have the 10 days split up it negates the +10 advantage.

Yes this is the case

How is it possible that the entire restaurant and lounge fill up exactly at 6 am for all times, all day and night? it just seems like f#ckery is at play , lol
I know Narcoosee’s does not release their reservations 60 days in advance perhaps this is the case with 220 idk

Yes, this is accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter