Space 220 - worth it or not?

How many who actually got the lounge succeeded in getting TWO tables, like 3 and 2 at the same time slot?
Here is my experience at the lounge with 2 ADRs for 2 overlapping (5 people - 1 child on lap)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/space-220-lounge-wheelchair-accessible-seating.3915934/

Worth is subjective. Lounge is worth it if it’s not your only time/day at Epcot. It still took us a long time. We’ve done dinner and that was 2.5 hours+ and we missed Harmonious on our only Epcot evening during that trip (did see it on a later trip; bill was over $370 for 5 with tip). Steak was fatty and I couldn’t cut it. It was a birthday (actual day) trip and they didn’t have my special order dessert either. The appetizers were good. Some desserts were better (chocolate cheesecake and the caramel pudding/cake) than others.

Lounge in Jan: Chef tried to make accommodations and we paid for a lunch at the lounge but the waitress wouldn’t bring what we preordered with the chef (special diets form and had spoken with the chef several days ahead of time) so our son had to eat fries and a burger without anything on it (plain bun with a beef patty-took a bite and ate 5-6 fries; had to go get something for him to eat afterwards). We asked the waitress several times and showed her the email and the chef’s approval and she wouldn’t budge and go check with the chef. This was on our checkout day.

I complained and the manager called and assured me they will accommodate next time (she first tried to argue we never checked in; when she finally found us she wanted the waitress’s name-was a ridiculous conversation and almost like I had to prove it; the chef apologized in an email and said they were waiting for us and the waitress never checked with him. I remember the name of the person who checked us in because I gave a shout out in the app; then the manager suddenly found us, maybe this person overrode our ADR to seat 3 at a table for 2?)

Our next trip is during Food & Wine so we will not be wasting time at Space220.

Last edited:
Thank you all. The replies were much better than I had imagined. I have a dinner and a lunch reservation. Which would be be ideal with 2 adults and 2 kids do you think? Is the dinner a very long meal?
If you can get a reservation at sunset (dinner) that would get my vote. We had a reservation at sunset (although it was January so much earlier in the day) and the view transitions from daylight to dark. It was very cool to watch and had my youngest completely convinced he was in space.

Worth is something only the individual consumer can decide.
I went today and sat at the bar and I was completely underwhelmed with the restaurant itself.
On the other hand I recommend the Truffle potato wedges,

Thank you all. The replies were much better than I had imagined. I have a dinner and a lunch reservation. Which would be be ideal with 2 adults and 2 kids do you think? Is the dinner a very long meal?
We did lunch mostly because DH balked at the prices and I convinced him to let me book it by suggesting lunch 😆 and we loved it! I think having the sunset transition would be awesome if that is around the time of your dinner reservation but if it’s a choice of one or the other, I like the daytime view slightly better just because it’s how I think of Earth looking from space. We thought the service was very good so I don’t think the addition of dessert would make it a particularly lengthy meal.

We loved it. So did our kids (5, 6, 8 at the time last year). The food was great, our server was great, the ambience was great. It was actually worth the $400. I’m not sure we’ll do it every trip but it was worth it for us. We went at 4 pm for dinner then enjoyed the rest of the evening in Epcot.

For anyone who’s been to wdw in September (and might remember), if we make a 6:30pm reservation for Space 220, will we be able to see the sunset change by the end of our time in the restaurant?

Trying to make a game plan….
Would love to see day turn to night in outer space!

For anyone who’s been to wdw in September (and might remember), if we make a 6:30pm reservation for Space 220, will we be able to see the sunset change by the end of our time in the restaurant?

Trying to make a game plan….
Would love to see day turn to night in outer space!
Since sunset is around 6:40, I would make an ADR closer to 6 pm.

Thanks!

Idk why I thought the sun set later than that in September.

Glad I asked 😋.
Every time we went we had a wait of 30 mins past check in. I would think 6 pm is prime time so they would be running a bit behind.

Most restaurants had supply chain issues last year. We even had bad steaks at Topolinos (better in 2020) and STK71 (excessive salt; fat). This year (Jan) we noticed the food quality improved significantly (loved STK71, cancelled Topolinos dinner due to Genie+ stress on a previous HS night). CRT was surprisingly good both times we went last year. Even Ohana improved certain items (steak was still inedible; chicken and shrimp improved).

The ambiance at Space220 is really nice after a hectic/hot day at Epcot. The music is soothing. If you have two days I highly recommend trying the lounge (we have picky eaters). Don’t go on GOTG right after. Even the lounge menu was too heavy for me (rode GOTG 1.5+ after).

That’s before talking about “is it worth it”, my least favorite question in Disney circles. Pricing and value are so intensely personal depending on people’s budgeting that i really don’t think anyone can answer that question except individuals for themselves. Like I don’t find Disney dining all that expensive compared to the real world but I work in Manhattan, home of the $15 Salad Industrial Complex.

This, times 1,000.

We went to a perfectly serviceable local place here in the People's Republic on Saturday--very good, but not outstanding. Ordering a typical app/main/dessert there would run $60-$70, before tax and tip. Space is an extra $10-$20 for the ambiance and the Disney premium, which seems pretty reasonable.

So, for me, Space is more or less "just dinner."

And that means I don't have super-high expectations for it. It should be good (it was) and it should be fun (it was) but it doesn't need to be "Best Meal/Experience Ever," because that's not the expectation I have.

On the other hand, if the idea of dropping $80pp (plus tax/tip) on dinner is "Save it for a Very Special Occasion" for you, then Space might or might not fit the bill---and, as noted, whether or not it fits the bill might depend on whether your server is hung over, or expo doesn't get your meal coordinated properly, or the kitchen mis-fires one of the dishes, or or or.

This, times 1,000.

We went to a perfectly serviceable local place here in the People's Republic on Saturday--very good, but not outstanding. Ordering a typical app/main/dessert there would run $60-$70, before tax and tip. Space is an extra $10-$20 for the ambiance and the Disney premium, which seems pretty reasonable.

So, for me, Space is more or less "just dinner."

And that means I don't have super-high expectations for it. It should be good (it was) and it should be fun (it was) but it doesn't need to be "Best Meal/Experience Ever," because that's not the expectation I have.

On the other hand, if the idea of dropping $80pp (plus tax/tip) on dinner is "Save it for a Very Special Occasion" for you, then Space might or might not fit the bill---and, as noted, whether or not it fits the bill might depend on whether your server is hung over, or expo doesn't get your meal coordinated properly, or the kitchen mis-fires one of the dishes, or or or.
There is a story about a college basketball coach came to NYC for a game and the charge for his egg breakfast was so expensive that he insisted to see the chicken that laid the egg.

I was very excited to go in December, but skipped it on my trip last month because it aint all that. I would rather go to the Coral Reef if we're picking between fun themed restaurants in the area - way more nostalgia factor and the grilled mahi mahi has never failed to delight my senses.

As for Space's theme...I don't know, it's...kind of cool....but not that amazing, to be honest. Not worth the struggle to get the reservation. Food was fine but no big deal, I had the fried calamari and a steak with a million too many average fries. It was decent, nothing more.

I have a lunch reservation for DH and I and our 7 year old grandson. I have been going back and forth on Space verses Garden Grill verses a counter service. I really wanted just the lounge but couldn't get the reservation. How long will the lunch really take? It is our only day at EPCOT. We won't be back to Disney for several years.

I have a lunch reservation for DH and I and our 7 year old grandson. I have been going back and forth on Space verses Garden Grill verses a counter service. I really wanted just the lounge but couldn't get the reservation. How long will the lunch really take? It is our only day at EPCOT. We won't be back to Disney for several years.
Lunch should not take more than 1.5 hr. I would keep Space220 lunch (burger was really good as were the appetizers - Calamari and Barrata).

I love the Garden Grill, just ate there last week.

No doubt Space 220 will take longer, possibly much longer. But your 7 year old grandson might really enjoy it, possibly much more than the Garden Grill.

Went for dinner and meal was very good but we are one and done. We actually didn't like the activity out the window (we sat right there) as we could see the reflection of the EXIT sign across the room & was distracting.

We also no longer want dessert or even appetizers usually so it doesn't make dollar sense to order prix fixe menus.

It is a restaurant where going once is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter