• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Space 220 worth it ?

Thanks! I guess I need to book a 3 and a 2 then- can I do that with only 1 mde account or do I have to make a second? Thanks!
It’s easier if you have 2 MDE accounts, but you can do it with one. Make someone else the lead guest on the first reservation, then choose you (or whoever is lead on the MDE account) as the lead on the second. If you choose the MDE owner first, it won’t allow you to make an overlapping reservation.

It’s easier if you have 2 MDE accounts, but you can do it with one. Make someone else the lead guest on the first reservation, then choose you (or whoever is lead on the MDE account) as the lead on the second. If you choose the MDE owner first, it won’t allow you to make an overlapping reservation.
You’re brilliant. Thank you!

I guess I'm in the minority. I really enjoyed my lunch. The space projections were a fun distraction while waiting for our food. They were not spectacular, but it was I was not expecting it to be, so it I liked it.

We had good service and as a very picky eater, it was probably one of my favorite meals of the trip.

The only disappointing part was that at the end of my meal I discovered that adults don't get a souvenir mug when ordering the lightyear lemonade, but get charged the same price. I tried to get a mug, but only got a second pack of cards as a consolation.

I’ve heard not such great things but want to try it myself before deciding. I couldn’t get a reservation for my last trip but I did get one for my upcoming trip in the lounge.

Does anyone know can you order one item from the price fix menu in the lounge? Or do you only have the option of the whole thing?

I’ve heard not such great things but want to try it myself before deciding. I couldn’t get a reservation for my last trip but I did get one for my upcoming trip in the lounge.

Does anyone know can you order one item from the price fix menu in the lounge? Or do you only have the option of the whole thing?
You can't order only 1 item from the prefix menu. You have to do the entire prefix menu or just stick to the lounge menu. I asked my waiter the same question when I went and that is what I was told.

You can't order only 1 item from the prefix menu. You have to do the entire prefix menu or just stick to the lounge menu. I asked my waiter the same question when I went and that is what I was told.
Thanks! That’s a bummer, but I figured would probably be the answer. I like the lounge items so will probably stick with that instead

I did the lounge with my mom in February. The food isn't bad but also isn't great either. It definitely is not at all worth the pre fix menu price if you are in the restaurant section in my opinion. The initial "launch" to space is cool but the actual atmosphere I found to be a little lacking. It's definitely a one and done for me. But restaurants are super subjective. There may be others that love it and will say yes it is worth it. If you do end up going I recommend the lounge since you have an option to not do the pre fix menu.

I agree with the PP's. Try for a lounge reservation - it's a cool experience, but no need to spend so much money on the prix-fixe meal.

Another vote for the lounge!

Those who have done the lounge - aside from the menu, what are the differences? Do you still get to see the space projections? We have a 5 year old who is OBSESSED with space and this place looks the coolest! I am nervous about being able to get a table! If we can’t but can get lounge is the experience similar?

Those who have done the lounge - aside from the menu, what are the differences? Do you still get to see the space projections? We have a 5 year old who is OBSESSED with space and this place looks the coolest! I am nervous about being able to get a table! If we can’t but can get lounge is the experience similar?
I think if anything, you actually get a better view of the projections when you're at the lounge. The lounge is on a higher level than the dining area and the elevated seating area gives you a more clear view of everything in comparison to sitting right up against the screen. And obviously you are not tied to the pre fix menu which is why I would recommend it over the restaurant. Kids are also allowed to be in the lounge. When I was there, there were families with kids sitting all around me. Be aware that you are not allowed to order just 1 item from the prefix menu. You must choose to do the entire menu or stick to the lounge menu.

I honestly think you can see the projections better from the lounge. If you’re seated right next to the windows it’s hard to get a good perspective. You’re view certainly wouldn’t be worse.

We split the short rib sliders for lunch and had some wine. More than enough for the two of us. I recommend the lounge over the prix fixe in the restaurant.

I think if anything, you actually get a better view of the projections when you're at the lounge. The lounge is on a higher level than the dining area and the elevated seating area gives you a more clear view of everything in comparison to sitting right up against the screen. And obviously you are not tied to the pre fix menu which is why I would recommend it over the restaurant. Kids are also allowed to be in the lounge. When I was there, there were families with kids sitting all around me. Be aware that you are not allowed to order just 1 item from the prefix menu. You must choose to do the entire menu or stick to the lounge menu.

I honestly think you can see the projections better from the lounge. If you’re seated right next to the windows it’s hard to get a good perspective. You’re view certainly wouldn’t be worse.

We split the short rib sliders for lunch and had some wine. More than enough for the two of us. I recommend the lounge over the prix fixe in the restaurant.

Thank you both so much!!! I think we were more concerned about getting the same experience/view than the food lololol

I agree with the other responses that the view is great from the lounge. I will say, the round table we were at was pretty small - there were three of us but it was a four top. It got pretty tight once our food and drinks arrived. This didn’t negatively impact our experience but just something to note if you like to spread out.

My husband and I were there at the lounge May 22. Here are a few pictures I took.

Attachments

• D78F289A-CB28-4722-A56A-AFE0AA82472A.png
    D78F289A-CB28-4722-A56A-AFE0AA82472A.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 21
  • D03F5868-FE70-41C4-A5D1-11604116296E.png
    D03F5868-FE70-41C4-A5D1-11604116296E.png
    122 KB · Views: 21
  • 86245372-B44E-4578-83F4-F84A185AF484.png
    86245372-B44E-4578-83F4-F84A185AF484.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 9E34473B-9C5F-4EFE-A1D1-30AEDCB96738.png
    9E34473B-9C5F-4EFE-A1D1-30AEDCB96738.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 21

I guess it's changed since January. Someone on another board said that in January she was told she could order anything a la carte from either menu with only one exception she can't remember. She ordered just the burrata from the restaurant menu.

I guess it's changed since January. Someone on another board said that in January she was told she could order anything a la carte from either menu with only one exception she can't remember. She ordered just the burrata from the restaurant menu.
Interesting. I went President's day week (late Feb) and was told that you were not allowed to order 1 item from the prefix menu. It was all or nothing. I haven't been since so I don't know if that's still true.

My response - it depends. I don't do desserts so I won't be booking dinner. I had lunch there on my last trip and found it to be enjoyable and both the food and service were good. My gut feeling is - would I go there every once in a while - yes, but on every trip - no.

There are some lounge reservations that were released this morning. I use mouse dining for alerts and got alerted for four openings for dinner for the week of August 7. I was able to grab one to switch from the the prix fixe to the lounge. So happy to be saving that money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter