Space 220

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, known as Manhattan, there existed a Space restaurant called Mars 2112…
“A UFO-like elevator took patrons to the dining tier, where the "Mars Bar" and "Space Arcade" were also located. Perhaps the most notable feature was Crystal Crater, which served as the dining area. It was three stories high, and decorated as an imaginary Mars underground landscape. Waiters dressed in futuristic costumes, and food and drink items had space-themed names. After dining, patrons passed through two doorways where a "teleporter" took them back to the main floor and the gift shop.” From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_2112

Part of me was hoping Space 220 would be the reincarnation of that place with wandering Alien waitstaff and such. Oh that the WDW execs would hear me!
I ate there!

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, known as Manhattan, there existed a Space restaurant called Mars 2112…
“A UFO-like elevator took patrons to the dining tier, where the "Mars Bar" and "Space Arcade" were also located. Perhaps the most notable feature was Crystal Crater, which served as the dining area. It was three stories high, and decorated as an imaginary Mars underground landscape. Waiters dressed in futuristic costumes, and food and drink items had space-themed names. After dining, patrons passed through two doorways where a "teleporter" took them back to the main floor and the gift shop.” From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_2112

Part of me was hoping Space 220 would be the reincarnation of that place with wandering Alien waitstaff and such. Oh that the WDW execs would hear me!

Me too!! We loved Mars 2112. We ate there every chance we got

Mars 2112 was SO FUN!!!!!

I think this looks more like high tech space vs Mars Attacks but I still want to try it.

My kids loved this place!! So sad it no longer exists. At least Jekyl and Hyde Club is still open!

Oh my gosh I've been to Mars 2112....many years ago my Aunt and Uncle took me and my girls (they were 4 & 6 at the time) to there for dinner after the Radio City Christmas Show....thought it was the coolest thing. Forgot all about this until now! lOL

There is no announced official opening date, just “mid-September “ so it sounds like an opening prior to October 1.

Wouldnt it be something if they started doing virtual que for restaurants (the popular ones) instead of ADR's? We're less than a month away from Space 220 opening....and no ADR's yet. Might be a soft opening with walk up only.

Wouldnt it be something if they started doing virtual que for restaurants (the popular ones) instead of ADR's? We're less than a month away from Space 220 opening....and no ADR's yet. Might be a soft opening with walk up only.

If they’re going to trot this strategy out, S220 seems like the perfect spot amd timing to try it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter