Space 220

I am going to WDW in January and will be trying to get a reservation. It looks like a restaurant to experience at least once and then go back if you like it.
Pictures of food and location are not really going to convey the experience. (I know they try to.) How well was the food cooked? How good was the service?
These are the questions, once answered will determine if I go again.

I haven’t followed space 220 that much but does anyone know what it will count as on dining plan once those are back? My instinct based on prices would be 1 credit for lunch and 2 for dinner but haven’t seen any info anywhere. I’d put this in category of several character meals where I’d use a table service credit on it but wouldn’t pay cash (unless the food gets amazing reviews).

I haven’t followed space 220 that much but does anyone know what it will count as on dining plan once those are back? My instinct based on prices would be 1 credit for lunch and 2 for dinner but haven’t seen any info anywhere. I’d put this in category of several character meals where I’d use a table service credit on it but wouldn’t pay cash (unless the food gets amazing reviews).

The rumor is they are moving away from that type of plan, and moving to a discounted gift card type plan, so you are going to pay the set prices (with say, a 10% discount if you get the dining plan)...see the Dining Plan thread for more info...

I checked out the menu and photos for Space 220. I think it's expensive but I do want to experience this restaurant at least once so I guess I will be coughing up the dough at least one time...On the upside they have duck on the dinner menu and DH loves duck so he will be happy.

I think the restaurant looks great, and the photos of food are very appealing. The price is high, I agree, but you're paying for the "theater" of eating in space. It would certainly be a splurge for us, but I can't wait to try it. Normally, my husband and I would share 1 appetizer and one dessert, not each get a 3 course meal. So, yeah, $160 plus cocktails(because you HAVE to order a cocktail, right?) is going to be probably the most expensive dinner we've ever had at WDW.

Says they previewed the restaurant and this is video of the elevator lift ...

I’m not sold that it is worth the pricing. I’ll skip the ADR and try to get in via Lounge walk-up to sample and see what I think.

I keep going back and forth. I'm okay with the lunch price if the atmosphere is stellar but from the pictures I've seen it just seems like a sterile (I get it's space) room with lots of screens. Maybe there is more to it ??? so thinking I'll book and if the reviews come back meh, I can then cancel it.

Last edited:
I may be an outlier, but I like the menu (and the prices seem like Disney prices for entertainment meals to us) and am looking forward to the experience of gazing out the huge windows down onto the earth without the spinning and nausea of Orange side or the boredom of Green side Mission Space.

I may be an outlier, but I like the menu (and the prices seem like Disney prices for entertainment meals to us) and am looking forward to the experience of gazing out the huge windows down onto the earth without the spinning and nausea of Orange side or the boredom of Green side Mission Space.
I get the price premium for entertainment dining, but I am just wondering how entertaining this can be? A big live Mickey waving at you is one thing; not so sure about the screens.

hoping to get a reservation for last week of this month.... we only have a choice of 2 days to squeeze it in so fingers crossed...it will be interesting to see how we all do tomorrow-hopefully the system wont crash

I keep going back and forth. I'm okay with the lunch price if the atmosphere is stellar but from the pictures I've seen it just seems like a sterile (I get it's space) room with lots of screens. Maybe there is more to it ??? so thinking I'll book and if the reviews come back meh, I can then cancel it.
That is my plan. I will make a lunch ressie in the morning and wait for reviews to decide.

At our age, watching scenery (that we haven’t seen before) go by is more entertaining than big live Mickey waving at us (again)! 🤣
I get it but I don't think the younger set will place as much value on looking into space vs Mickey and therefore demand might not be as great at that price point. I think the lunch price should be the dinner price. Lunch should be maybe $40 pp. Still a $200 meal for a family of 4 after tax and tip. $55pp for lunch is a cash grab.

Says they previewed the restaurant and this is video of the elevator lift ...

The video looks very well done and I suspect has the motion base to go with it.

Morning everyone, is anyone able to make a reservation for the first week of November? Looks like the site is down, but there are sprinkles of openings on the app. The problem I'm having is every time I click an opening on the app, it just loads endlessly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter