Space 220

Apologies if this has been asked, and not sure if anyone knows the answer!

We are just watching the allears Molly vid on Space 220. My daughter (13) would much prefer the chicken and bacon waffle entree that is served at the bar. Is there any chance they would let her order that for her entree instead of one of the options on the prix - fix menus if we were to be able to get an ADR and sit at one of the normal dining tables.

TIA

Lounge seating allows for pre-fixe or "lounge" menu. Restaurant seating does not.

So, if she wants that, you may want to try the walk up virtual que.

Thanks for the reply. We are going to be there over Christmas so expecting it to be very busy.

Really disappointed with the menu in all honesty. ( she would eat what is on the kids menu, but I've read that as a Disney adult she won't be allowed to order that)

I might email in advance to express my disappointment and ask for sure if there are any allowances.

Thanks again for the reply.

Thanks for the reply. We are going to be there over Christmas so expecting it to be very busy.

Really disappointed with the menu in all honesty. ( she would eat what is on the kids menu, but I've read that as a Disney adult she won't be allowed to order that)

I might email in advance to express my disappointment and ask for sure if there are any allowances.

let me know how that goes. I to would benefit from this

Yes I get that, but usually it is easy to suspend belief and imo since it is a pretty static view it makes it look more fake than other parts of wdw. I agree with the person who said the view should change more to make it more dynamic, just my opinion.
I thought the idea was you're eating at a space station, which doesn't fly around, it stays in place. Plus, as was mentioned, eating while having the experience of flying through space would give a lot of people motion sickness.

I emailed Patina on Tuesday asking the same thing and have not gotten a response. Let me know if you have any luck.

I thought the idea was you're eating at a space station, which doesn't fly around, it stays in place. Plus, as was mentioned, eating while having the experience of flying through space would give a lot of people motion sickness.
Well technically THE Space Station (the one we actually have 220nmi up there) is not geostationary. It orbits the earth about once every 90 minutes.

if you want to catch a glimpse of it from your home, check out Spotthestation.NASA.gov or the ISS Spotter app.

I imagine if she ordered off the kids menu but paid the adult pre-fixe price they would oblige. Your wallet might not like it, but I don’t know why they would not allow that. Couldn’t hurt to ask. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Anybody know how long the standby / walk-up waits have been this week since they opened?

Are reservations still opening at 5:30am and hard to get? Just trying to make my plans for my ADR day coming up.

Anybody know how long the standby / walk-up waits have been this week since they opened?
My experience on Thursday, we entered through International Gateway around 10:30 and walked straight to Space 220. Got in line for about 30 minutes or so and was given a 3:20 return time. Could not request lounge, was told to ask when we checked in. Arrived at the podium at 3:10. Probably about 70 people waiting for walk up in the lounge. We asked for lounge and there were seats just opening at the bar, so we went right up. Bartender was fun, very in character. Told us that the view does change based on time of day. At night, the earth view includes city lights. Also said the elevator ride reflects the weather outside, so you could see “rain” or night option.

Are reservations still opening at 5:30am and hard to get? Just trying to make my plans for my ADR day coming up.
Reservations opened up at 6 this morning. My check in date is Nov. 26 and the first available date was Dec. 2 I was able to make a dinner reservation and there were a few time slots to choose from.

Reservations opened up at 6 this morning. My check in date is Nov. 26 and the first available date was Dec. 2 I was able to make a dinner reservation and there were a few time slots to choose from.
It sounds like I probably shouldn't bother with getting up early to check since Space 220 and Sci-Fi are the only ADRs I planned on making. My ADR day is tomorrow and our last day in the parks is December 2nd. If I can't get an ADR between tomorrow and our Epcot day, we'll try the lounge since we'd like to experience the restaurant at least once.

Thank you. Mine is in the morning. I was hoping for Nov 28 did you try that date? If not I can try December 3. You didn’t happen to try for Topolinos breakfast did you lol. Just wondering if anything will be available.

Last edited:
It sounds like I probably shouldn't bother with getting up early to check since Space 220 and Sci-Fi are the only ADRs I planned on making. My ADR day is tomorrow and our last day in the parks is December 2nd. If I can't get an ADR between tomorrow and our Epcot day, we'll try the lounge since we'd like to experience the restaurant at least once.
Yours is about the same as mine but we are leaving the 4th. I want the same restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter