• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Space 220

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
is the lounge a diminished experience or do you get the same experience as the restaurant. does the lounge have a full dinner menu or is it just appetizers and drinks

Diminished experience? You'd have to judge, but the lounge seating area is large, and right next to the restaurant seating. It seemed to us the restaurant dining was closer to the 'windows'. If you check on the Disney site, you'll see the 2 different menus for 220 and for 220 Lounge. The selections are different. We did the lounge (mostly because we couldn't get the restaurant) and enjoyed the food/drinks.

The lounge is actually elevated a bit above the dining room floor so, if anything, the views which are unobstructed are better.

The lounge has its own menu which you can see posted on many websites, including Disneys. Each person also has the option of ordering the complete prix fix menu if they wish… 2 courses at lunch, 3 courses at dinner. If you select this menu option, it is the entire meal… you can’t select items from the dining menu individually.

The restaurant is prix fixe
The lounge is prix fixe OR from the lounge menu
The bar is prix fixe, order from the lounge menu, or just drinks AND you can walk up for this experience

The views are better from the lounge because you get a better perspective of the windows being elevated and at some distance. It’s really just one big room so there’s not much difference in ambiance. The lounge offers more choice in food/drink.

I agree - we ate in the lounge in January and had a great view of all the "windows." We also liked having the choice of the lounge menu vs. the prix fixe lunch. Space 220 is not a must-do every trip, but we'll probably return some day, and when we do I'd rather sit in the lounge. I think the view is better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter