• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Space Lounge- Best time for Stand By/ Walk Up

ELT

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know a good time for 4 to possibly walk up to have a drink at Space Lounge? We added Saturday September 30 to our Universal trip. The lounge looks really cool.

Does anyone know a good time for 4 to possibly walk up to have a drink at Space Lounge? We added Saturday September 30 to our Universal trip. The lounge looks really cool.

You need to go right when it opens at around 11am.

Also, not speaking from personal experience so maybe someone who knows for sure can chime in, but I read somewhere that the walk-up is only for seating at the actual bar so minors are not allowed to sit there (maybe you are all adults anyways but just in case). If you want to sit in the Lounge area at a table where anyone is allowed, you need a reservation (at the Lounge not restaurant).

Also, not speaking from personal experience so maybe someone who knows for sure can chime in, but I read somewhere that the walk-up is only for seating at the actual bar so minors are not allowed to sit there (maybe you are all adults anyways but just in case). If you want to sit in the Lounge area at a table where anyone is allowed, you need a reservation (at the Lounge not restaurant).
This was our experience in the past. However, in this thread, @copper68 was able to get a lounge table for 2 as a walk up.

The walk up line waiting for bar seating moves all day. Sure the earlier the better, but we’ve seen plenty of people get seated at the bar in the early evening. Few linger too long at the bar.

Oh no! Our daughter will be 14 and we were planning to sit at the bar. is there a seating area in the lounge? Will they card her? She's tall (5 ft 7).

Oh no! Our daughter will be 14 and we were planning to sit at the bar. is there a seating area in the lounge? Will they card her? She's tall (5 ft 7).

I would ask anyway. The worse they can say is "no".

As long as a minor is not consuming alcohol, the minor can sit at the bar in Florida. My 15 year old sat with me at the bar at Victoria Falls Lounge at AKL without any issue at all. We specifically asked the bartender and it was fine.

As long as a minor is not consuming alcohol, the minor can sit at the bar in Florida. My 15 year old sat with me at the bar at Victoria Falls Lounge at AKL without any issue at all. We specifically asked the bartender and it was fine.
While that’s true at most Disney bars, it doesn’t seem to be the case for Space 220. Unless someone can provide real-world experience for Space 220, I’ve never heard of a minor allowed to be seated at the bar proper - the lounge, yes.

And, yes @Mintycake be prepared for them to ID your daughter.

Last edited:
We snagged a dinner reservation for Space220 a few hours ago for 7:30pm tonight. However, we’d prefer to sit in the lounge. Can we do that upon arrival or are they separate reservations?

We snagged a dinner reservation for Space220 a few hours ago for 7:30pm tonight. However, we’d prefer to sit in the lounge. Can we do that upon arrival or are they separate reservations?
Separate. Dinner is prix fixe and seating is in a different area. The lounge is very small and serves a lighter menu (and also prix fixe should you choose). You can ask, but don’t be surprised if they have no seating available in the lounge.

As SkyGuy said they offer completely different menus and seating areas. Even the table tops are different colors.

The Lounge is harder to get because it's menu is more flexible so those tables are usually not available without a specific ADR for the Lounge. Your best bet is to keep looking for a Lounge ADR, and if you get one cancel the Restaurant ADR.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/space-220-lounge/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter