Space Mountain for a 6 year old?

nikki071406

Mouseketeer
HAs anyone kids loved or totally hated it at this age? My daughter is pretty brave it's me that's nervous to have her ride. I appreciate any opinions.

My DD who was not particularly brave at age 6, loved Space Mountain. She hated ToT but loved Space! Still does.

My DS just turned 5. He's tall enough and loves other rides like TT, BTMRR, and Splash, but I showed him a video of space and he said no thanks. I rode the first time when I was 6 and refused to ride again until I was 16!

The 6YO girl who was with us at the beginning of June loved it. I was thinking it would be scarey, but being that young, they're hugged in the seat pretty well. If she's a thrill seeker, she'll probably like it. My DS6 wants to ride it SO bad, but the tiny little thing is only 42 inches :(

It wasn't the type of ride DH and I would usually do. The first time our younger DS had an opportunity to ride, he was 8 and he and his older brother rode. I got the impression he didn't like it much (younger) and didn't ride it again (or suggest riding it) until he was 11. He always loved the carnival and amusement park rides -- fast ones, high ones, jerky ones -- but for some reason he wasn't thrilled with Space the first time.

My very tall DS8 has been riding since age 3.5. It is still his favorite ride.

HAs anyone kids loved or totally hated it at this age? My daughter is pretty brave it's me that's nervous to have her ride. I appreciate any opinions.

My youngest is 6 and I wouldnt hesitate but he was on ToT, Splash, BTMRR (pretty much anything he was tall enough for) at 4. Space mountain goes less then 30 mph.

DGD is a huge chicken, seriously afraid of the dark. Can't even sit and listen to the animal sounds in those rooms at Rafiki's in AK. She rode SM at 5 and loved it. DH and I hate it and never plan to ride again but she's ride over and over if she could. So go figure that one out

DS loved Space Mountain at age 6, during his first trip to WDW! Come to think of it, he may have actually been 5 years and 10 months old at that point. Anyhoo, I sat directly behind him in the ride, and tried to keep a hand or some fingers on his shoulder whenever I could...don't know if he needed the reassurance as much as I did really! At the end of the ride, a cast member was standing by. DS looked around and said, "Wow, that was pretty short!" and stepped off the ride like it was nothing. The cast member giggled and gave him a Mickey sticker; I think it said something about Space Mountain on it...we were all pretty amazed by the experience, I'd say! :rotfl:

My youngest was 4 when she rode and she loved it. She's a brave one though. Begged to ride ToT and Everest... DH was the one that was nervous for her.

My youngest rode for the first time at 5 loved it then and still does. I was super nervous about it since you are unable to hold on to them in any fashion and it's dark.

The only way you'll know is to put them on it and see - dd wanted to ride SM so bad when she was tall enough we took her on it. She loved it! She also wanted to ride HM really bad too and ended up hating it. Go figure???

My youngest loved BTMR, RnR, and EE but hated Space Mountain. You just never know until you ride, I guess.

My son was 5 the first time. We were worried about him but as soon as the ride ended he wanted to do it again. I'll never forget the look on his face - like he had just discovered the coolest thing in the world.

My DD rode it for the first time at 6, and really likes it. She hates BTMR and isn't crazy about Splash, so I was surprised that she liked it. Her little friend has been riding it since he was 3 (he was tall), and it his his absolute favorite ride. I was nervous the first time DD rode it since it isn't a side by side, but DH sat behind her and kept a hand on her shoulder. She wanted to ride it again, but she also wanted to be sure he was behind her with his hand on her shoulder again. :)

Really depends on personality. My son is a major thrill seeker and has never been on a ride he didn't love. I am always way more nervous than he is and there are rides I refuse to do

I went on space mountain when I was 6. I wasn't scared at all. I was mostly bored. Same with ToT. I walked off and asked my mother 'was that it?'. I went back at age 19 and rode those same rides and screamed my head off.

Thanks for all the replies I think I'm just nervous since she can't sit next to me it kinda freaks me out letting her sit alone

We rode on our last trip. She was in the front of the car at 5 and a half, then her dad, then me. My first and LAST ride on space. When we got off she said, "Mom, was that YOU screaming the WHOLE time?" Yes dear. I was worried about not getting to sit beside her too, but she clearly enjoyed it more without being next to all my screaming.

I explained each ride and let her decide. ToT was her very favorite this trip. Everest was too much. Dad wouldn't let her on HM. Go with your gut. Let your child be in the lead, not your fear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter