• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

space mountain question

d1gitman

Mad About The Mouse!
when riding space mountain in november for the first time(s) and again in december, my DS and i compared it to space mountain in FL. to us, SM at DL crushes SM in WDW. However, we returned yesterday for a day trip and noticed something different. i know the lights during the holidays are added on the ride, somethine we really liked. we felt like we were riding through the stars. but we both thought the ride itself had a few minor differences than in nov and dec. our original comparison to WDW was that DL SM did not have any drops, rather high speed and turns. also that the ride is much smoother than the one at WDW. upon returning yesterday, we both were convinced an drop at the endof the ride was 'added' and some little humps that made you feel like you were hopping.

I'm sure it was just our minds (memory) playing tricks on us, but can anyone confirm if there are any actual changes to the tracks made on occasion such as holiday season? it probably isn't the case but it wouldn't be impossible either.

The track and and the speed have not been changed. During Halloween Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy had a major layover which gave many the sense of it being different, but that was just the perception the mind created, nothing actually done to the physical ride itself.

- Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter