Space Mountain, to the left?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
If you ask to ride the left hand side of Space Mountain when you enter, will they let you?

I haven't ridden it super recent, but the last few times they were directing to the left. I don't recall the last time I was sent to the right. I should add this is for the stand by line.

I haven't ridden it super recent, but the last few times they were directing to the left. I don't recall the last time I was sent to the right. I should add this is for the stand by line.
We have almost always rode the right side, but no more. We are old. We need the smoother side of the left now. 😁 We can no longer handle that right side.

Last few trips, including a few weeks ago they were sending all the SB to the left, and LL to the right. I would think if LL got slow they would send some over but we never saw that. I'm sure if you go in LL you can ask for left.

But as with lots of attractions like this, operations change all the time but my guess is if you go in LL you can request. If you go SB and you see them sending both ways I would ask as well.

Last few trips, including a few weeks ago they were sending all the SB to the left, and LL to the right. I would think if LL got slow they would send some over but we never saw that. I'm sure if you go in LL you can ask for left.

But as with lots of attractions like this, operations change all the time but my guess is if you go in LL you can request. If you go SB and you see them sending both ways I would ask as well.
I’ve seen both - when the LL is light they’ve sent standby to the right and when the LL was backed up or the line for the right side was full they were sending LL to the left as well.

Usually the right side is for fastpass/G+. The left is for standby... At least that is how it was before.

That was our experience as well. SB all went left, unless the LL was very short, then they sent some to the right.

I think which side you go to will vary, we just rode this past week, LL/G+ went left and was mixed in as needed, I have no idea how the decided who went right as there were standby folks in both lines so I assume it's a numbers thing. I presume you can ask and worse they can say is no.

I started riding Space Mountain in 1975 (although admittedly I've skipped it on our trips over the last couple of years) and I never realized that one side was "smoother" than the other.

The reason I started skipping it after we rode in 2020 was that I found it to be a bit rougher on the old bod than in years past. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure we rode on the right side. I might give SM another chance if I can request the left and it's truly a smoother ride.

Any roller coaster will be smoother if you avoid the ‘wheel seats’ (the first and last row of each car).

For Space Mountain, always try to get rows 2 or 5. You’ll be glad you did.

this is how it was operating early in July and DS14 did request the right because he had already ridden left, and they did let him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter