SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am convinced this is a psychological experiment. I thought maybe this would he available for my 2019 solo trip.
There will be a documentary made one day..how many years can a company dangle a restaurant to people and have them still believe it is opening?
Chapter 1...broken piece of rare glass...

They’re definitely messing with us.
The suspense is killing me!
Maybe we can sue?:rotfl2:

I really hope rumors of Space being walk up only initially are wrong. That would be a huge mess.

In a way, it would be great to use as a single restaurant test for whether advance reservations do more harm than good (though I'd prefer if they used a control group of an old restaurant with that which everyone hates, and then one that people like: do a 220/Tony's/Prime Time Cafe run for a month and see what happens)?

Depending on the price, that may hold down crowds.

Disney likes advanced booking, it lets them forecast required supplies and thus negotiate better deals by purchasing in the future. (I know I just negated my comment above).

In a way, it would be great to use as a single restaurant test for whether advance reservations do more harm than good (though I'd prefer if they used a control group of an old restaurant with that which everyone hates, and then one that people like: do a 220/Tony's/Prime Time Cafe run for a month and see what happens)?
If I recall correctly, Skipper Canteen was no ADRs for a time (at opening I think) and it bombed.

If I recall correctly, Skipper Canteen was no ADRs for a time (at opening I think) and it bombed.
Yeah, I’m not recalling, that’s why I proposed 2 other restaurants to test the theory. I could see Skipper and 220 bombing without publicity, their locations aren’t exactly in your face.

I think Spice Road Table is currently no ADR as well, right? Not exactly lighting it up either.
It was no ADR for a while too. I can't remember if it opened as no ADR or not. Then it went to ADR. Once it went to ADR, we were finally able to eat there with our son. I refuse to sit around waiting for a TS when he's with us. He's picky and would just skip eating if we had to wait. I think it went back to no ADR once Disney took it over. It's actually a good option for no ADR, since it's food is kind of loungy.

Disney likes advanced booking, it lets them forecast required supplies and thus negotiate better deals by purchasing in the future. (I know I just negated my comment above).

Its interesting too because it only comes up under "all restaurants" not make reservation and show "currently unavailable"

I just need a 'hint' about the menu. I don't know what Contemporary American means... A hamburger with a monorail passing through it????

A hamburger but it's been deconstructed on the plate and everything is served with a foam/under a dome of smoke/turned into a gel sphere or powdered for some reason. Dessert will be liquid nitrogen ice cream frozen into cubes, that kind of thing.

The way things are going they will charge us for the thrill of anticipation and hype. Dining ++ with the Libation Lane for those who want to go to Trader Sam’s or the Nomad Lounge.
DO NOT give them any ideas please

A hamburger but it's been deconstructed on the plate and everything is served with a foam/under a dome of smoke/turned into a gel sphere or powdered for some reason. Dessert will be liquid nitrogen ice cream frozen into cubes, that kind of thing.
Very intrigued by the 'gel sphere'!! Can't get that just anywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter