Spaceship Earth FP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
I have booked us FP for Spaceship Earth 60 days out. What happens to our FP if it finally closes for refurb? Do they just vanish?

I have booked us FP for Spaceship Earth 60 days out. What happens to our FP if it finally closes for refurb? Do they just vanish?
you would get an anytime fp for the reminder of attractions, probably excluding FEA. Now I honestly don't think SE is closing in the next 2 months I would assume Disney will give people a heads up and probably 2 to 3 months in advance to plan to see this iteration for the last time

you would get an anytime fp for the reminder of attractions, probably excluding FEA. Now I honestly don't think SE is closing in the next 2 months I would assume Disney will give people a heads up and probably 2 to 3 months in advance to plan to see this iteration for the last time

I think they only do that if the closure happens while people are in the parks (I could be wrong) - if they take down a ride in advance, they have no need to issue a special FP since the guests have time to rebook something - especially since SE is a tier 2 ride. But to your point, it shouldn't close suddenly, there will very likely be a specific date announced in advance and at 60 days out from the closure date you won't be able to book FP for it.

Usually what I have seen when this happens in advance is that you get an email saying, so sorry this FP isn't going to work out, here is a different one instead. And they pick something for you. You can go modify it though if you don't like it.

Usually what I have seen when this happens in advance is that you get an email saying, so sorry this FP isn't going to work out, here is a different one instead. And they pick something for you. You can go modify it though if you don't like it.

That is what I have seen, they substitute. The multiple experience fastpass usually only comes up same day.

I think they only do that if the closure happens while people are in the parks (I could be wrong) - if they take down a ride in advance, they have no need to issue a special FP since the guests have time to rebook something - especially since SE is a tier 2 ride. But to your point, it shouldn't close suddenly, there will very likely be a specific date announced in advance and at 60 days out from the closure date you won't be able to book FP for it.
I don't know if "no need to" is accurate, considering that while yes they have the ability to at that point make a new selection; they would not have the same opportunities or flexibility in times/attractions etc., if it's after the 60 day mark. Now, would Disney turn it into an anytime in that instance; I'm not sure; but there would def. be a disadvantage to a guest who had selected a fastpass ride at the 60 day mark, only to find out a month later that it will be closed and they can at that point select something that is left.

I understand at Epcot, with a tier 2, it's not as big of a deal, but still; there's clearly a disadvantage.

I rarely contact Disney but you can guarantee if they just subbed in some random attraction for SE because it was closed, and the remaining options are sparse and don't match my pre-planned FP+ I would be calling Disney for a fix.

We all know planning is the name of the game with Disney so Disney shouldn't be the one blowing up yours plans.

At the end of the day, it's a moot argument as this is a pre-planned refurbishment that will VERY likely be announced in advance. They'll just remove it as a FP option at the 60 day mark. In the case of unexpected closures....absolutely they can and do give bonus FP to people who were inconvenienced...this isn't an unexpected closure.

I literally just planned an "emergency trip" to ride SE one last time before it goes down. I booked based on the fact that FP are still avail 60 days out, so we are going in that window. I just don't trust Disney to announce it that far out, but I could very well be wrong. I would hope it would be announced well in advance so people don't have to worry about disappearing/changing FP.

I can report on the one instance where we had a FP for a ride that was closed within the 60 day window
Great Movie Ride. We had FP for it. In that case, they gave us anytime, any ride FP. And when I say any, I mean ANY. All 4 parks, even FoP. It was also valid for the duration of the trip. Not just the same day. We were then able to book our own FP at HS to give us 3.
Now, I have no idea why they didn't announce that closing outside 60 days, or even remember now how long out it was.
Just that I was shocked at how "open" the FP we got in replacement was. We did not ask for this, it was put in the account automatically. It was not changeable to other guests either (this was in the time where you could change guests on FP)

I can report on the one instance where we had a FP for a ride that was closed within the 60 day window
Great Movie Ride. We had FP for it. In that case, they gave us anytime, any ride FP. And when I say any, I mean ANY. All 4 parks, even FoP. It was also valid for the duration of the trip. Not just the same day. We were then able to book our own FP at HS to give us 3.
Now, I have no idea why they didn't announce that closing outside 60 days, or even remember now how long out it was.
Just that I was shocked at how "open" the FP we got in replacement was. We did not ask for this, it was put in the account automatically. It was not changeable to other guests either (this was in the time where you could change guests on FP)

This is good to know, hopefully they handle it the same way this time around! (I'm currently holding a SE FP for 4/1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter