Spain Pavilion Rumour due to "Gigantic"

I would agree with you..

EPCOT was built with sponsorship deals in a pre Internet world that would never be paid now...when there were "good guys and bad guys" and governments spent because they thought that conflict was all that mattered.

The fact that they took the most recent pavilion and are halfway through gutting it for a gaudy princess overlay is all but the nail in the coffin - is it not?
I agree. A frozen ride is great but it's not the right place and will result in a cheap overlay that is too short. I suspect though that any further development of FW will be more fantasy rides rather than new countries, but even that is doubtful in the near future. Frozen is being put in to boost Epcot which it will even if artificially so.

I'm all for upgrades to future world first and foremost before they do anything else in world showcase. If they do decide to add a country then I'm all for Australia purely because I have no desire to travel so far for the actual country

I'm all for upgrades to future world first and foremost before they do anything else in world showcase. If they do decide to add a country then I'm all for Australia purely because I have no desire to travel so far for the actual country

How would they do Australia? The other areas use architectural theming to represent an the area. I can't think of an architectural look that most people would immediately associate with Australia, short of recreating the Sydney skyline.

How would they do Australia? The other areas use architectural theming to represent an the area. I can't think of an architectural look that most people would immediately associate with Australia, short of recreating the Sydney skyline.
Sydney_Opera_House,_botanic_gardens_1.jpg

If they were to build a Netherlands pavilion, I would never leave. The husband and our daughter can go to MK and mommy will be at EPCOT drinking Heineken and eating whatever food they decide to go with(a cheese store would be amazing). As long as it's not herring because I'm not a fan of haring happen(google it, it's nasty if you don't like herring haha). It's unlikely but a Dutch girl can dream.

So you're agreeing with me?
Partially, mayhap, but I don't consider the opera house the skyline. I do think it would be a good, if obvious, design for the primary show building. The other alternative would be to focus on an Outback aesthetic, though that might fit in better at Animal Kingdom. Australia wouldn't be my first choice, but I don't think it would present an insurmountable challenge.

Edited to fix dumb grammar mistake.

Last edited:

The whole pavilion indoors inside of Uluru?

Partially, mayhap, but I don't consider the opera house the skyline. I do think it would be a good, if not obvious, design for the primary show building. The other alternative would be to focus on an Outback aesthetic, though that might fit in better at Animal Kingdom. Australia wouldn't be my first choice, but I don't think it would present an insurmountable challenge.

Australia in AK would be very cool. I wish they'd do it. Australia has plenty of iconic wildlife that could be represented, and the Great Barrier Reef could make for an awesome dark ride.

The whole pavilion indoors inside of Uluru?

That'd rock (excuse pun)! It might look somewhat out of place though.

As much as I would love to see Australia at WDW, it needs to go to Animal Kingdom. Because what draws people to tour that country is their nature and environment, not their architecture.

As much as I would love to see Australia at WDW, it needs to go to Animal Kingdom. Because what draws people to tour that country is their nature and environment, not their architecture.

THIS makes sense.

Australian animals, geography, Great Barrier Reef** .... how many people don't see the kangaroos at AK (they are awesome) - move them to their own land and let them shine.

Perfect fit!

** Yes I know Epcot has fish but it's old and tired. Visibility is poor. It is a big fish tank, nothing natural about it. It needs a gut, maybe a re-purpose .... and it's always empty .... of guests and lots of fish.

Last edited:
So you're agreeing with me?

This reminds me of watching the show "Lost" and whenever they were in Australia, they always found a way to put the Opera House in the background, just so EVERYONE KNEW they were in Australia...pretty silly

If they were to build a Netherlands pavilion, I would never leave. The husband and our daughter can go to MK and mommy will be at EPCOT drinking Heineken and eating whatever food they decide to go with(a cheese store would be amazing). As long as it's not herring because I'm not a fan of haring happen(google it, it's nasty if you don't like herring haha). It's unlikely but a Dutch girl can dream.
I'd be right there next to you. I'd like croquetten and cheese and chocolate and pastries. Indonesian food would be nice too. :)

Australia in AK would be very cool. I wish they'd do it. Australia has plenty of iconic wildlife that could be represented, and the Great Barrier Reef could make for an awesome dark ride.

That'd rock (excuse pun)! It might look somewhat out of place though.

Yes... I've thought since day one... And still do...that animal kingdom should have a full austrailian section.

Austrailia... For its size... Has as much biodiversity as is found on the planet... Trailing only the oceans.

How really could you have a park with the stated goal of education and conservation without austrailia? And it would lend to both unique, managable animals and loads of possibilities for attractions.

But no princesses...so deal breaker.

Nevermind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter