Spam popup on computer

Prose

DIS Veteran
I was moving between the Dining Plan Board and the Budget Board just now, and suddenly a page came up that purported to be a Flash update and something started downloading. It was NOT an Adobe site, so I know it wasn't a real Flash download. I was working in Chrome. This is on a computer behind a firewall with active antivirus and malware protection.

Just FYI.

Some thoughts...
  • What are you using for malware protection?
  • As the download has already occurred, perhaps it's time for a scan to see if any malware can be detected.

Thanks, I am - I do IT as part of my job. This is on an office network behind a firewall device, with AVG protection on each desktop. I have run MalwareBytes and checked the HijackThis logfile. I am good, but the fact that the popup came up and the file was auto-downloaded was concerning. It was very obviously not a real Flash download site, and did not ask for my admin login as the real site would.

It is possible that you install some suspicious programs that cause the changes on browser homepage?
Perhaps you can read this page that listing out various fake adobe flash sites and consult its removal methods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter