Speaking of Good Burgers in So Cal...

PryncessChrysty

Merrily on our way to nowhere in particular
Besides In & Out (which are VERY yummy), another So Cal chain not to be missed is Fatburger. It makes me hungry just thinking about it!! They are de-lic-ious!! If you are going to spend a day at Knott's, I would highly recommend trying out this restaurant. (There's one about a block from Knott's, in between Knott's & the Buena Park Mall).

Mmmm...I think I might just have to go there for lunch today. :teeth:

It's not a chain hamburger joint but Tommy's near downtown is an institution. The chili in their burgers and hot dogs will have you feeling it for about a week.

roscodog said:
It's not a chain hamburger joint but Tommy's near downtown is an institution. The chili in their burgers and hot dogs will have you feeling it for about a week.
Is that a good or bad thing though? :cool1:
I've lived in Cali all my life and have never eaten at Tommy's. I don't really know why...I just never made it over there.

I can't believe that no one else from CA has anything to add about Fatburger! If it's because you haven't been there, you are truly missing out! :p

We love fatbureger in Vegas too and the shakes are killer, but I have to say In and Ount is still King. When DB visits from Florida the first thing he wants to do is go to In and Out !

I like Tommy's chili burgers and chili fries. The chili is tasty but you won't have to worry about eating your next meal. It will really make you feel full!

roscodog said:

There are a few offical Tommy's around (not talking about those wanna-be places like Tom's). I know there is one in Fountain Valley, another in Westminster, one in Santa Monica and there are a few in the San Fernando Valley. You can't get fries at the original location, just chips. I have a foundness for the original though. Use to make midnight runs to the original when I was in college. Tommy burgers: you either love them or hate them. There's no in between.

Have not had Fatburgers, hear they are wonderful. But I am DYING for and In and out burger since becoming a transplant to the East coast!!!!! Could someone send a chain here please!!!!!!!!

In and Out is the best! And thats all there is to say about that. Just ate there on Saturday night. Yummy! Fatburger is good though. Haven't been there in ages. Never had the egg. Just too different for me. But everytime someone mentions Fatburger, it always reminds me of some lyrics from a Beastie Boys song.
:music: "I like White Castle cuz its the best, but I fly Fatburger when Im way out west" :music:

hmmmm - I've only eaten at In N Out once, never tried Fatburger, and have driven past the Tommy's in Sta Monica & Downtown, but never ate at those, too.

I see I have to do more research. :teeth:

The heck with burgers...

:jumping1:Pink's Rules!:jumping1:

I'm counting the days until I can get a chili dog burrito!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter