• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Speaking of keepers........

Muushka

<font color=red>I usually feel like I just stepped
I am ashamed to admit how many pics I take and how many I would consider keepers. Maybe 1 in 100? I 'keep' them all on the computer, but the special ones I use as wallpaper or have printed to be displayed (some day!).

Anyone else care to share their numbers? :wave2:

Your definition of "keeper" and someone elses definition might differ significantly. I may print 1 out of 500 photos 13 inches by 19 inches for framing. I may process 20% of shots for web viewing.

now you know why digital camera's are very popular,,, think how much this would have cost if it were film and film processing

Don't be ashamed, I have about a 1 in 25 keeper ratio, but maybe my standards are too low :rolleyes1
But I do like to take multiple shots of the same subject, so maybe that ratio is a little higher. Also with post processing some shots that might have not been keepers before can be transformed into keepers.

I usually shoot 150 pix on each visit (I go once a week). I will keep 100 or so on average and burn them to a disc just so I have them for the future if I want them. I will leave 10-20 on my pc. . . .

I keep everything that I shoot. So far, I have collected around 20 gigabytes of digital photos. I only process maybe 20%, and print 1% of that. One thing that I have learned (painfully) is that you should ALWAYS keep backups of your photos...with film it wasn't so bad. A wet/damaged photo was still a photo. With digital, a corrupt byte means that you can't see any of the pic...I've had 2 hard drives fail on me in the past 2 years...Now I keep all my photos in three different places, on three different hard drives (external USB), all synced weekly. Good thing hard drives are dirt cheap these days.

Well, technically, I "keep" everything, only because I burn the RAW files onto disc as backups. But, I select out the best shots to convert to JPG, which is a ratio of about 3:1 (that's 3 bad shots for every 1 good one). However, I then narrow the shots down even more to send for publishing consideration. I try to pick out the absolute best of the best for that purpose. Those are the shots I choose from for my website, too, which narrows the field even further.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter