Special activity for 8 year old boy

stinie18287

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip for next February. My daughter will be 5 and my plan is to have a day where her and I go to Bibbidi Boppidy Boutique followed by lunch in the castle. (As long as everything is back to normal that is.. 🤞)

I'm looking for something equally special for my husband to do with my son who will be 8. My husband is a HUGE Star Wars fan but as of now my son isn't. He loves animals and science and is obsessed with anything Pixar. He also loves flags and countries.

Does anyone have any ideas for special activities?

Caring for Giants is a fun experience. In addition to observing the elephants relatively close up, your son would get to see "backstage," riding in a shuttle bus to the elephant area. And you get paper (souvenir name tag)made from elephant poop :-)

ETA We haven't done Up Close with Rhinos yet. I am hoping to get to in April!

Last edited:
My family aren’t big Star Wars fans (we watched the movies before going to HS/ GE but that’s it) and both my boys loved making droids and being able to drive them around the hotel room/ home after.

Planning a trip for next February. My daughter will be 5 and my plan is to have a day where her and I go to Bibbidi Boppidy Boutique followed by lunch in the castle. (As long as everything is back to normal that is.. 🤞)

I'm looking for something equally special for my husband to do with my son who will be 8. My husband is a HUGE Star Wars fan but as of now my son isn't. He loves animals and science and is obsessed with anything Pixar. He also loves flags and countries.

Does anyone have any ideas for special activities?

I would seriously consider Wild Africa Trek in AK. At 8 years old, he just hit the minimum age for the experience! We did this when DS was 8 and it was so much fun! They will get an up close look at many of the animals on the savannah and have a great snack which is really big enough to be a meal, IMHO. They could schedule it for the morning and then, perhaps, park hop (if you purchase the hopper tickets) to DHS for Toy Story and Star Wars attractions or EP to tour World Showcase. If they tour WS, make sure he goes to the Kidcot tables in each country to collect the country cards - it's free! If they would rather continue to tour AK, they could do the Wilderness Explorers activity (make sure to pick up the book on your way into AK), walk the animal trails and make sure to go to Rafiki's Animal Watch.

If it’s back by then, Aqua Tour in Epcot. It’s backstage tour where you can snorkel in the tank at The Living Sea. We took our son when he was about 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter