• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special Assesment at HH??

blueferral

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have an idea if there will be a special assessment at HH? If so when do they announce these types of things? Thanks for your replies.

possible but doubtful. There never has been one. VB had one rumored to be on the table the year they had 2 hurricanes back to back but it never materialized.

Does anyone have an idea if there will be a special assessment at HH? If so when do they announce these types of things? Thanks for your replies.

OMG, I hadn't even thought of that possibility. Much as I love HHI and own points there, no one wants a special assessment.

Wasn't there some kind of special assessment that pushed up dues at HH a few years ago?

Wasn't there some kind of special assessment that pushed up dues at HH a few years ago?

As I recall, WebmasterDoc said that was a result of an early replacement of something - I don't remember what Reserves were not adequate to cover the cost, so Disney loaned the money to HHI owners, who then paid additional dues until the loan was paid back. Don't remember the year. (I don't own there).

edited to add these links from 2011 & 2010:

Post by WebmasterDoc re special assessments

Another One

Last edited:
For weather related disasters, there is some risk of a special assessment but I would not think it likely. The association is required to carry insurance to cover repairs, but some possibility always exist the insurance may not be enough. The more likely result is that all necessary repairs will be made and the only financial impact to you will be the ever-increasing annual property insurance premiums in the dues.​

Thanks for the replies, all. The wife and I are looking at adding on at HH and didn't want to get caught in a special assessment from before we got the points. (we stay there all the time and want to be able to get in during the summer)

Thanks for the replies, all. The wife and I are looking at adding on at HH and didn't want to get caught in a special assessment from before we got the points. (we stay there all the time and want to be able to get in during the summer)
In general timeshare terms, special assessments normally go to the owner at the time of the announcement. For DVC, even if there were one, it should be fairly small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter