Special/exciting things to do for adult first-timer

artemis908

EPCOTnaut
My traveling partner has never visited WDW before, we are in our early 30s, this is my 17th time? lol I lost count. Anyway, I have never gone with anyone who has never been there before. I know you can get "First time" pins, anything else we can do that's special before and during the trip?

My husband appreciated the international bar crawl on his first adult trip.

Maybe the Frozen dessert party would be something cool and special to do?

My traveling partner has never visited WDW before, we are in our early 30s, this is my 17th time? lol I lost count. Anyway, I have never gone with anyone who has never been there before. I know you can get "First time" pins, anything else we can do that's special before and during the trip?

I was thinking about doing the HEA Dessert party, but was spending too much money already!! Is your traveling partner really into Disney or hesitant about Disney?

If they are into it I think it would blow them away! If not it would be wayyyy too much.

I was thinking about doing the HEA Dessert party, but was spending too much money already!! Is your traveling partner really into Disney or hesitant about Disney?

If they are into it I think it would blow them away! If not it would be wayyyy too much.

He is interested, he does like some Disney movies, but the primary reason he is going is because I want to go lol

If he's into Star Wars I would do the Star Wars dessert party. My husband and I are both in our early 30's and when we went last year he loved the interactions with the stormtroopers during the party. As a bonus alcohol is served.

Whenever I finally manage to take my housemate to WDW for her first trip, I'm going to make a point of having her first view of the Magic Kingdom be from the ferry so she can feel the same kind of magic I felt the first time I saw it when I was 12. Trouble is, if you're staying onsite the resort buses go around the lagoon and drop you off right in front of the park. I haven't worked out the precise logistics yet, but I'm guessing it can probably be done by taking a Lyft or Uber to the Polynesian and walking to the TTC. I already told her about that and she was both touched and willing to deal with slightly roundabout logistics the first morning to let me make it happen for her.

I enjoyed the HEA dessert party (it's a very relaxed way to see the fireworks), but it sounds like your traveling partner may be less gung-ho about that kind of thing. Doing a monorail bar crawl might be good--or if you don't want to go all the way around, I'd recommend Trader Sam's as a place to stop in for an hour or so.

You could walk from the bus stop over to the Contemporary and hop on the monorail to the TTC.... you could catch the ferry from there.

What does he like? If he likes Star Wars then go for the dessert party. If he loves fancy dinners then maybe make a reservation for California Grill. You could also have a good time at The Edison which I believe turns into an adult only speakeasy after 10pm.

The first time is already amazing on it's own. A few entertaining meals could be fun, if he would be into that sort of thing - Sci Fi Diner, 50s Prime Time. Touring some of the incredible properties in combination with a meal or cocktail - the Monorail resorts, AKL or the Boardwalk. Your enthusiasm alone should heighten the experience for him. Go have fun!

BF and I are around the same age as you and our September trip will be his first time. I've tried to include him on as many decisions as possible like choosing the hotel. We've also booked Keys to the Kingdom, but that will be our 2nd day at MK so that he will get to experience the rides and general "magic" before seeing me completely nerd out on the tour. We're both really excited to learn more about the workings of MK and go behind the scenes a little.

A monorail/tour of the magic kingdom resorts (and their lounges) can be a fun adult thing to do. You can aim to catch the fireworks or electrical water pagent from one of the beaches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter