Special Meal for a DS8?

Princess Tink

DVC Member
I would like to plan a SPECIAL MEAL (preferable lunch or dinner) for my soon to be 8 yr old DS. We (just him and I) will be visiting DL Feb 16-20 to celebrate his birthday, and I would like to do something special. Any suggestions? Is there a place like Chef Mickey's in DL?

BTW....we are staying offsite, that's why I think lunch or dinner.

TIA
Micaela

You can do a character dining at Goofy's Kitchen. This is inside the DLH. Also, when you venture off to the parks, don't forget to get your birthday sticker. We got one for my DS and he loved how all the CM came up to him and wished him a happy birthday. I don't know if your son being 8 years old may be too old for this but it's something to at least consider...

I second Goofy's Kitchen. We celebrated my DS's 7th birthday there, and he still loves it at 15. It's most like Chef Mickey's, and has always been my favorite character meal. It's available for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The only other option for a character meal at lunchtime or dinner is the Princess meal at Ariel's Grotto. Personally, I don't like the food as well, and your DS may not like the princess theme. Other non-character meal possibilities would be the Rainforest Cafe at DTD, or possibly Blue Bayou (inside Pirates of the Carribean) at DL.

I know you said lunch or dinner, but there is a very fun Lilo and Stitch breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel (10 minute walk from DL or DCA). My 10 year old son had more fun at that than any other character meal we have been to at WDW or DL. You could do a late breakfast, I think they seat until 11:00 a.m. Otherwise, I agree with others, Goofy's Kitchen is wonderful!

Princess Tink said:
This sounds like fun.....what characters are at GK? How far in advance can ressies be made?

Reservations can be made 2 months in advance. The characters vary quite a bit (other than Goofy, I guess). I like that's it's usually a mix of face characters and full-costume characters.

Have you considered skipping the meal and instead buying tickets for a balcony-dessert seating show of Fantasmic? Not sure about yours..but my daughter (10) would probably rather do dessert and watch the show than sit in a restaurant.

Instead of finding the perfect meal, I would add on a birthday bucket or do the birthday celerbration over at Plaza Inn. Both experiences are great for children. Here is the information and where you can call about reservations/ordering the bucket!

-My Disneyland Birthday Party" at the Plaza Inn, Featuring a Guest Appearance by Mickey and Minnie - Spend your birthday with laughter and music, fun-filled cake decorating, plus a special guest appearance by Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

-Birthday Magic at Disneyland Resort full-service restaurants - Add to a birthday meal celebration with a Sorcerer Mickey or Princess "Birthday Bucket," topped with a mini cake and filled with a cloisonné pin and other terrific treats.

-Goofy's Kitchen Birthday Bags - Blow out the candles and celebrate with a wonder-filled "Birthday Bag" for the birthday boy or girl

For information and pricing on all these wondrous celebrations, please call (714) 781-DINE†.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter