• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special Member Fireworks Viewing Area at Very Merriest After Hours

Family of 6. Even when I emailed and said it’s me husband and 4 kids- wouldn’t budge on 4.

Sorry kids- two of you have to stay behind.

🙄 what gives Disney
Serously lol. Meh, in the end it's just another appointment to keep in what is rapidly becoming a hectic vacation filled with appointments to keep and reminders to make appointments to keep. DVC can keep their "party within a party" (And seriously how did they take over viewing space in the middle of a hard-ticket party anyway??? That doesn't seem right the more I think about it.)

Sorry my round-hole sized family doesn't fit into your square-peg "perk." We'll make our own Disney magic; DVC seems to have lost much of theirs anyway :mic: (steps down from soapbox).

Serously lol. Meh, in the end it's just another appointment to keep in what is rapidly becoming a hectic vacation filled with appointments to keep and reminders to make appointments to keep. DVC can keep their "party within a party" (And seriously how did they take over viewing space in the middle of a hard-ticket party anyway??? That doesn't seem right the more I think about it.)

Sorry my round-hole sized family doesn't fit into your square-peg "perk." We'll make our own Disney magic; DVC seems to have lost much of theirs anyway :mic: (steps down from soapbox).
They used to have dessert parties during the Christmas parties with reserved fireworks viewing and another with a reserved spot for watching the parade so that's not new. I do agree that it should be the number of people on a reservation though.

They used to have dessert parties during the Christmas parties with reserved fireworks viewing and another with a reserved spot for watching the parade so that's not new. I do agree that it should be the number of people on a reservation though.
I understand that, but were those parties over $200 pp..?

I understand that, but were those parties over $200 pp..?
I think the top end was around $145. But then of course the addons such as the dessert party would be another $70-85. Everything has gotten more expensive though. My guess is that the viewing area won't even be needed to get a good view, even showing up shortly before the fireworks start.

I think the top end was around $145. But then of course the addons such as the dessert party would be another $70-85. Everything has gotten more expensive though. My guess is that the viewing area won't even be needed to get a good view, even showing up shortly before the fireworks start.
True! And if DVC were charging for it, I might not feel the same way, but I'm not impressed with anything they do lately, so I admit I'm biaised.

I couldn’t agree more. we have found ourselves canceling dining reservations as our trip gets closer just so we are freer. I’m Epcot we decided a few bites and a few bites there sounded more fun then having to be somewhere at a certain time

It wasn't when we went. (11/28). That was a sold out date according to the signs near the MK turnstiles.

We went to party on Tuesday, Nov 30, and we had good views of the fireworks, but this place would have been even better! We both enjoyed the party very much! Our view, and we showed up about 10 minutes before they started.

Last edited:
We took advantage of this at Sunday night’s party. We entered the area about 10 minutes before the fireworks were set to begin, and there was plenty of room. We found a great spot and sat down until the show started.

It wasn’t crowded at all, and there was a CM with an ice cream cart in the garden area giving out Mickey bars and ice cream sandwiches - same stuff that was free during the After Hours but still nice to have in the garden viewing area.

All in all, a nice little perk. We enjoyed it!

We did this last evening. We arrived about 20 minutes before the start of the show. There was plenty of room to spread out. By show time it was more crowded toward the front of the area but there was still a lot of available space toward the rear closer to Tomorrowland Terrace.

The lone cast member at the entrance asked only to see a blue card or e-mail confirmation. We observed many parties of 4 or more entering together.

Signs said party was sold out. The reserved area was essentially empty. Maybe 50? people. We got there around 11 and easily got my favorite spot.

Signs said party was sold out. The reserved area was essentially empty. Maybe 50? people. We got there around 11 and easily got my favorite spot.
I guess people don’t know about it! Good for you!

so say I book a 2 bedroom with 7 people on 1 membership. 3 of the 7 can't go?? complete boneheaded move!! thanks for nothing Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter