Special Menu at Table Service Restaurant for DDP????

cbtengwife

Earning My Ears
I have been to Disney more than I can count but have never purchased the dining plan. I am tossing around purchasing it for an upcoming trip and trying to decide if it would be worth the money for me and my husband. One question that I have to decide if economical, is there a special menu at the table service restaurants for dining plan? I am looking at menus posted online and looking at what we may would order and going to compare what it would cost me out of pocket versus doing the DDP.
Thanks for any help, hints or advice.

Nope, same menu. If something is listed as "for two" then both of you would need to order it. Remember signature places require 2 credits each person. Don't forget to add the 6.5% tax to your totals.

For simplicity, a TS credit on the regular DDP is roughly "worth" about $38.

We had free dining last summer and it was a lot of tasty food. We ate mostly signature for fd and out of pocket the rest. Our meals were huge and tasty. The tip was still big due to the actual cost but we'll worth the DDP.

Don't forget that your tips will be OOP if you choose to purchase the dining plan - they can really add up!

But your tips are OOP if you pay OOP as well.

When we calculate what we would pay OOP vs. DDP we don't include tips, simply because we leave a tip either way.

But if you don't normally eat the way the plan dictates, those tips can be a factor. For my family of four Disney adults, we would never order FOUR desserts, but on the plan we either order them or lose them, and then the tip on those extra desserts is more than it would be if paying OOP. I realize it's not a great amount, but if you're only saving around $100 on the plan over OOP, the extra in tips could be enough to sway back towards OOP.

But if you don't normally eat the way the plan dictates, those tips can be a factor. For my family of four Disney adults, we would never order FOUR desserts, but on the plan we either order them or lose them, and then the tip on those extra desserts is more than it would be if paying OOP. I realize it's not a great amount, but if you're only saving around $100 on the plan over OOP, the extra in tips could be enough to sway back towards OOP.
Your desserts would have to cost over $500 for the tips to be $100.

That is a lot of dessert. In fact, at $5 a piece, that is 100 desserts.

But yes, if your tips are $100 more because of the dining plan, maybe the plan isn't for you.

Your desserts would have to cost over $500 for the tips to be $100.

That is a lot of dessert. In fact, at $5 a piece, that is 100 desserts.

But yes, if your tips are $100 more because of the dining plan, maybe the plan isn't for you.

Actually TS desserts are more on the $7-8 range, and I didn't mean the tip would exceed or equal the possible savings. I just wanted to point out that the tip CAN be a determining factor depending on how you PREFER to eat.

And yes, the plan isn't for us, and we know that. I still run the numbers regularly, but it never comes out at a savings if we have to pay for it.

But your tips are OOP if you pay OOP as well.

When we calculate what we would pay OOP vs. DDP we don't include tips, simply because we leave a tip either way.
Trust me, coming from a "restaurant family" we always tip very well. However, we've found that using the DDP people tend to order more expensive entrees, soft drinks & more desserts than they normally would in order to get the most out of the plan. This drives up the cost of the bill & therefore...the cost of the tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter