Special Offers

sab53085

Mouseketeer
Do special offers sailings sometimes disappear then reappear? There was a 5 night on the Magic 5/27/23 that had special offers/GT rooms yesterday and now that sailing is not showing as having special offers listed. Does that mean the staterooms are all sold out? Could this sailing reappear?

Yes, it means for now the GT category rooms that were offered for that sailing have been held back, whether it's because sales are back on track or that they only released so many initially I'm not sure but they will likely return. A cruise I just completed had various GT category rooms appear and then go away for less than a week before they reappeared and then remained up until the day before embarkation.

Thanks for your reply! Do you often see FL resident rates come out eventually for sailings with GT rates?

I've seen them appear/disappear/reappear/change pricing. Just got off a Merrytime where I booked two *GT staterooms, and I remember in the months prior the availability seemed to come & go as the sail date got closer.

You can try calling Disney Cruise Line reservations. They sometimes can see it on their side if it "disappears" on our side. I was able to book a Disney Subscriber special that disappeared by calling and stating that. She found it and booked it at the Subscriber rate. Also, it was less than 24 hours between when I saw it and it disappeared. They do come and go if you are watching sale fares

That happened to us for the cruise we booked yesterday. I sent a link for a cruise to our friends we were traveling with and she was able to see it but by the time we got together that evening to book, it was gone but I could still see it on a different booking site. It did wind up popping back up on the Disney site but I would agree with the other poster who said if you see something you like you may want to grab it because it may disappear again. I know for the cruise we are booking, it’s only two months out and there seems to be limited cabin availability so maybe that happens when other people are looking and adding the cabins to their cart. You can always hold the room for 24 hours if you aren’t 100% sure.

Do special offers sailings sometimes disappear then reappear? There was a 5 night on the Magic 5/27/23 that had special offers/GT rooms yesterday and now that sailing is not showing as having special offers listed. Does that mean the staterooms are all sold out? Could this sailing reappear?
Anything on DCLs website can disappear and reappear. It’s the Magic of Disney IT.

It can definitely disappear and reappear. I’ve been stalking the military rates for Alaska this upcoming season as they’ve released the military rates for the first couple sailings, and they keep going away and coming back. (It makes me anxious, so I’m checking daily so that I can book as soon as our target sailing comes up).

Sometimes if people are looking at them and in their hold period - usually 15
Minutes it may. Disappear.

Sometimes Dcl releases a few at a time. Yes have seen many GT end up as FL resident rates over the years but… if enough people bite on GT then May not get Fl rates. Usually GT is a pretty steep discount so not sure waiting for FL resident rates are a better deal.

It can definitely disappear and reappear. I’ve been stalking the military rates for Alaska this upcoming season as they’ve released the military rates for the first couple sailings, and they keep going away and coming back. (It makes me anxious, so I’m checking daily so that I can book as soon as our target sailing comes up).
Same thing with the 10 night southern this July I booked on opening day. I have been watching that one for a military rate. It finally popped up last Thursday and I was able to snag it. Yay! It disappeared shortly after. Just waiting for my refund now for cancelling my first booking. I saved $5000!

They are offering GT rates on almost every Europe sailing. About 35% off. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of excitement on this forum for Europe this Summer.

They are offering GT rates on almost every Europe sailing. About 35% off. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of excitement on this forum for Europe this Summer.
I think they overpriced most of them from the start and they are now offering a rate to try to fill the Dream. We have done many Med cruises with DCL on the Magic but the prices this year are still more than many will pay even with the GT rates. I wonder if they will come down anymore or if the 35% is as low as they will go. Let’s wait and see.

I think they overpriced most of them from the start and they are now offering a rate to try to fill the Dream. We have done many Med cruises with DCL on the Magic but the prices this year are still more than many will pay even with the GT rates. I wonder if they will come down anymore or if the 35% is as low as they will go. Let’s wait and see.
The northern European cruise GT rate is less this year than the GT rate of last year and a lot less then the cruise I booked in 2020. They are all still a lot higher than other cruise lines, but not to the extreme that they originally were.

You are right though they waayyy over priced them. I mentioned on another thread I wasn't sure what they were thinking. I predicted all of them would be discounted. It will be interesting to see if they can sell any rooms now.

The northern European cruise GT rate is less this year than the GT rate of last year and a lot less then the cruise I booked in 2020. They are all still a lot higher than other cruise lines, but not to the extreme that they originally were.

You are right though they waayyy over priced them. I mentioned on another thread I wasn't sure what they were thinking. I predicted all of them would be discounted. It will be interesting to see if they can sell any rooms now.
I know, I said to my wife that they would have to reduce them but I didn’t expect it this early.
I looked at the B2B Med and then repo to Southampton and for 2 in VGT it’s c £9k and for a family of 4 it’s c£13k. ( $11k or $15,750). Add in airfares, hotels, tips, excursions and drink it would be a very expensive trip for a European let alone a US or Canadian resident. Most UK kids are still in school!! I know DCL didn’t know what would happen to the £€ v $ but they can now control the prices and reduce them to rates that people are willing to pay. I don’t know if DCL rates drop more than 35% after the PIF date if they need to fill rooms? It’s a shame that we never get to see how many rooms have sold!!

I just priced up a Seabourn 2 week cruise around the same time in the Med and this is in the ultra luxury category and all in would work out either the same or slightly cheaper than DCL. I have sailed with them a few times and they are great rooms/bathrooms. I know it’s a different offering and we do love DCL. I don’t mind paying a premium for Disney but I still like to feel it is value for money. Perhaps they will bring the Magic back in 2024 or just price the Dream correctly!!

I know, I said to my wife that they would have to reduce them but I didn’t expect it this early.
I looked at the B2B Med and then repo to Southampton and for 2 in VGT it’s c £9k and for a family of 4 it’s c£13k. ( $11k or $15,750). Add in airfares, hotels, tips, excursions and drink it would be a very expensive trip for a European let alone a US or Canadian resident. Most UK kids are still in school!! I know DCL didn’t know what would happen to the £€ v $ but they can now control the prices and reduce them to rates that people are willing to pay. I don’t know if DCL rates drop more than 35% after the PIF date if they need to fill rooms? It’s a shame that we never get to see how many rooms have sold!!

I just priced up a Seabourn 2 week cruise around the same time in the Med and this is in the ultra luxury category and all in would work out either the same or slightly cheaper than DCL. I have sailed with them a few times and they are great rooms/bathrooms. I know it’s a different offering and we do love DCL. I don’t mind paying a premium for Disney but I still like to feel it is value for money. Perhaps they will bring the Magic back in 2024 or just price the Dream correctly!!
I've booked a lot of GT rates in my life, but I don't think I could commit to something non-refundable this early in the game.
The exchange rates for Europeans is not favorable like it has been in the past. I think its a big deal for anything priced in dollars. What happens with dollar, pound and Euro may determine if there are further discounts.

For Americans airfare is up. I've been searching for awards flights and the redemptions are through the roof. When you click on seats available there's no one booked on the flight. Those may come down in a few months.

I think Airlines are expecting Americans to flock to Europe this Summer because of the favorable exchange rate, but I'm not so sure. When inflation is everywhere and exchange rates don't mean a whole lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter