• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special surprise when we enter our Port Orleans room

Melanie the tink fan

Earning My Ears
I want to do something special for my son and sister(besides buying them a $7000 vacation lol). I've heard they only do the chocolate strawberries at the deluxe resorts. We won't get there until 10pm so I just wanted them to have a little magic right off.

It has been reported many times on here that they will not deliver to the room until you have checked in. Apparently in some cases, deliveries were made to the room and the person switched to a different room so the delivery went to someone else.
Denise

It has been reported many times on here that they will not deliver to the room until you have checked in. Apparently in some cases, deliveries were made to the room and the person switched to a different room so the delivery went to someone else.
Denise

::yes::

It's stated in the Disney Floral & Gifts FAQ as well: Please note: for delivery on your arrival date, since your room is not pre-assigned, the gift will be delivered after your arrival.

::yes::

It's stated in the Disney Floral & Gifts FAQ as well: Please note: for delivery on your arrival date, since your room is not pre-assigned, the gift will be delivered after your arrival.

This is confusing since technically your room is preassigned especially if you have done online check in and get your room number prior to arriving at the resort.
Sure you could change your room if you don't like it as long as they have something else available but still.

This is confusing since technically your room is preassigned especially if you have done online check in and get your room number prior to arriving at the resort.
Sure you could change your room if you don't like it as long as they have something else available but still.

Once the guest has been given the room number, yes, it's highly unlikely to change. But before that, even if online check-in has been done, the pre-assignment is tentative. If another guest shows up and wants a different room, and the room you've been pre-assigned to looks like a good fit for that guest, and you haven't turned up yet and the room number hasn't been sent to you, there's no reason they can't switch you out of that room and put you in a different one. Happens all the time.

The story we've always gotten from the resorts is that nothing gets put in the room before the guest's arrival. I've heard that it's sometimes done for club level guests, but that's a much smaller, self-contained set of rooms.

Once the guest has been given the room number, yes, it's highly unlikely to change. But before that, even if online check-in has been done, the pre-assignment is tentative. If another guest shows up and wants a different room, and the room you've been pre-assigned to looks like a good fit for that guest, and you haven't turned up yet and the room number hasn't been sent to you, there's no reason they can't switch you out of that room and put you in a different one. Happens all the time.

The story we've always gotten from the resorts is that nothing gets put in the room before the guest's arrival. I've heard that it's sometimes done for club level guests, but that's a much smaller, self-contained set of rooms.

And there are reports like mine where somehow it gets delivered before you're in the room. Maybe the resort hoofed it there once we got to the desk to check in? I have no idea.

And there are reports like mine where somehow it gets delivered before you're in the room. Maybe the resort hoofed it there once we got to the desk to check in? I have no idea.

Oh, I'm sure that happens. We don't know the details of how room assignments are done, but there must be situations where the staff is pretty confident that an assignment is solid and lets the florist put the items in the room.

If you're wanting to do something special that is outside the norm ( i.e. - Fireworks parties, etc ) IF your party is into pictures take a look at Disney Fine Art Photography. They have a bunch of different packages with several different cost levels.

My mom is a huge family photo person so we did this for her one year. She still talks about how special it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter