• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Specialty Cupcake Scavenger Hunt

SomDayMyPrnceWillCom

Wants to be a mermaid when she grows up
A few years ago, I was on the hunt for the specialty cupcakes. Starring Rolls was my favorite, of course, but since they're closed, I need to find new places to find the specialty cupcakes.

If you've had a delicious cupcake somewhere, please post here along with a photo if you have one.

Also, are there any of the cupcakes that was at Starring Rolls in HS anywhere else now? The Butterfinger or the Darth Vader ones especially.

I posted so many cupcakes during that trip, my friends and family were amazed at how many I found that year.

1514840196215.jpg I got the Butterfinger cupcake ( now called toffee cupcake according to my receipt) at the Trolley Car Cafe ( Hollywood Studios) in December 2017:earsboy:

A few of the cupcakes from starting rolls went to Starbucks & Backlot Express but not all. Almost every resort we visited a few months ago (we did a day of resort touring) had 1 speciality cupcake. The best are at the resorts, not the parks. This includes the Value resorts. In the parks speciality cupcakes are limited to mainly the Starbucks locations. Epcot has a few more in Norway & Sunshine Seasons. My husband's a cupcake fiend so we do a tour to get them often.

A few of the cupcakes from starting rolls went to Starbucks & Backlot Express but not all. Almost every resort we visited a few months ago (we did a day of resort touring) had 1 speciality cupcake. The best are at the resorts, not the parks. This includes the Value resorts. In the parks speciality cupcakes are limited to mainly the Starbucks locations. Epcot has a few more in Norway & Sunshine Seasons. My husband's a cupcake fiend so we do a tour to get them often.

I loved the lemon cupcake at Sunshine Seasons. One of my favorites. I like the Darth Vader at ABS Commissary too.

We had the Darth Vadar one at Backlot Express. WE also tried the Lemon BB8 one, and it was a little weird. My favorite was the cannoli cupcake at the kiosk in Italy. It was in a cup, but it is kinda a cupcake.

I will say, I don't like how a lot of the cupcakes are ice cold, practically frozen in some cases.

That's so fun! I don't have a picture of it, but last week at Gaston's Tavern in MK I saw the "Enchanted Rose Cupcake". It looked beautiful but I'm not sure how it tasted - it was early so I was more in a "warm cinnamon roll" kind of mood!

That's so fun! I don't have a picture of it, but last week at Gaston's Tavern in MK I saw the "Enchanted Rose Cupcake". It looked beautiful but I'm not sure how it tasted - it was early so I was more in a "warm cinnamon roll" kind of mood!

Now that sounds like one I definitely want to try!

This week I've been seeing photos of the Rose Gold Ears cupcakes at Epcot & now MK. Haven't tried them, but they look yummy.

ASD-06172017+-+4.jpg

Found a pic! Wish I had gotten one! Good luck on your honorable quest!

This week I've been seeing photos of the Rose Gold Ears cupcakes at Epcot & now MK. Haven't tried them, but they look yummy.

I got one a couple of weeks ago. It was good, but not OMG good. It's a basic plain vanilla cupcake flavor. It's gorgeous though and the fondant tasted nice. The glitter sticks on your fingers all day though ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter