• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Specific AP ??

jmcross

One way to get tagged is to have a tag sale :)
Not sure if I’m in the correct thread but here goes…..
I have a November trip booked with tickets that is not paid for yet.
1) If I get the incredipass, can it replace my current tickets in MDE so I don’t lose park pass reservations?
2) I have heard that the pass has to be activated at guest services. How would I be eligible for the next round of room AP discounts (if they are released) if I don’t have an active AP?
Thanks!

You should not lose your park passes.
The voucher will be loaded in MDE even though it is not activated.
We renewed our APs as our previous ones expired before our next trip. We were able to get park passes for that trip.
Holding an AP voucher, even if not activated yet, you should be eligible for any AP room discounts.
As out of state, we still have to stop at Guest Services to activate the passes.

You should be able to activate the pass at any ticket window also. The lines are usually much shorter than guest services.

Thanks for the responses.
I got an AP years ago and they told me that the only way I could get the room discount was by asking at check in. I thought this was ridiculous and of course it didn’t work as there was no availability. I’m hoping it’s different now.
My current park passes are attached to the package tickets I have in my reservation.

Would I lose my park passes once the tickets are removed and replaced by AP?

You can see (and book) AP room rates as long as you have purchased the pass and it's linked to your MDE account, even if the pass has not been activated yet. At least that has been my experience with my two previous APs that were purchased ahead of time and inactive at the time I booked my rooms.

Would I lose my park passes once the tickets are removed and replaced by AP?
No. People have been cancelling package tickets and replaced with standalone for the past year. No problem with park reservations as long as you link the new ticket first before cancelling the ones with the package.

Great! Thanks!
Now let’s hope I can get an AP next week before they shut down sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter