Specific business: Disney, the market & Eisner's dilemma

Peter Pirate

Its not the end of civilization...But you can see
As a person who supproted Eisner's "cost cutting" inititive because I thought I understood it & believed it would work I would like to discuss what happend & where they CAN go from here.

First, I believe the lions share of the initiative was successful and it did exactly what it was supposed to do (1) Boost Disney's quarterly's (2) streamline the organization & (3) improve liquidity. So, what happened??? IMO, two things happened, one, the economy turned south at probably the worst moment for Disney and (2) the big splash that Eisner anticipated would conclude the inititive & blow the entertainment world out of the water fizzled (DCA, Pearl Harbor & Atlantis).

Now, all of the positive buzz around the great new park & the award winning movies didn't transpire...None of it, and the economy has turned more bleak.

Wall Street has downgraded the stock, meaning that before any of the "specifics" we've discussed on the other thread can or will be talked about seriously Disney has to once again worry about pleasing the Street & beefing up their quarterly's.

What can Disney do, realistically speaking, to avert further disaster? They really needed one of those movies to be a hit & they struck out, so what's on the horizon? Mike can't withstand consecutive quarterly bashing so you know Q3 is paramount.

Any thoughts?
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Pray that Scary Movie 2 is the sleeper hit of the summer. :)

but seriously, I'm not a sharp Pencil guy, so I'm not sure.
I think it may be time to start the Divestment and re-entrenchment. Disney has to admit it made a mistake with some buisness venture and get out of it. that may mean ABC.

That won't up the quarterlys, but they need to convince the street more that they are going to do something right, so that they will be given time to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter