Specific Instructions for Getting a Cindy's PS (Updated Oct 1, 2004)

Originally posted by dsneygirl
Oh I'm so disappointed! I missed getting Cindy's on both of our days -- June 13 and June 14. This is our Honeymoon and I _so_ wanted to go since we were engaged at the Princess Breakfast at Cindy's in 2000.

Does anyone have any extra PS's that they'd share with us for June 13 and 14? It's just 2 people and anytime would be fine.

Marianne

Too late now, but you should have had the honeymoon planning office at WDW take care of this for you.

Anne

I have to agree that WDW should require a credit card for Cindy's breakfast and perhaps patio seating at Rose n Crown for Illuminations, like they now currently do for the Flowers Brunch and other specialty or holiday dining.

I also believe the great majority of guests making PS for Cindy's are actually the families that will be dining there. Having a credit card hold their "reservations" would discourage the "squatters" and it still would not discourage family members or even close friends in making the calls for ressies along with or instead of the family hoping to dine there. I'm sure that one credit card could be used to hold the ressie - and you can decide how to pay for breakfast when you get there. The card would only be charged it there is a no-show and no cancellation by the cc holder.

Other strategies that should be mentioned along with gthorson's excellent instructions:

booking thru a travel company that assists with PS arrangements
staying in concierge at a delux resort for all or part of your stay
checking back for any cancelled PS's when making your other PS arrangements (never hurts to ask)
trying again at check in at your resort
arriving very early at the park gates and asking those checking in those early PS for any availabilty
checking with the podium at Cindy's in person for that day when in MK or for any availability during your stay

- just my 2 cents
LA

Maybe I have just been lucky, but I have never made reservations far in advance for Cinderella's breakfast and have alway's got in. We called the day before from our resort and were given a reservation for the next morning for 5 people. I'm sure they don't fill every slot just from people calling months in advance. Anyhow good luck.:D

Thanks so much for the info!!! I did get a PS by using your method. Here was my experience ... the guy started asking what time I wanted then he went to get it then he said that they were all gone but that someone would call me back with a PS in about an hour. Not sure what happened but someone did call me back.

I tried again this morning because the 7th is really the day we wanted but didn't have any luck. I agree that there must be a little competition between the CMs to see who can help their customer. The girl this morning didn't pick up till 6:01.

So I got one and I'm not complaining. This is a great place to get educated on Cindy's Breakfast 101.

Thanks!!!

When I was in the Cindy's frenzy 2 years ago :rolleyes: (never again), I called and said that I wanted the last possible breakfast PS for the day. He said "I've got 9:45" and before I could even answer, he said "oops...that's gone...how about 9:20? no...that's gone too." It went on like that until I finally blurted out "just book it!" and ended up with an 8:15. So, it would seem as tho they're seeing more than one at a time, altho I don't know if they're seeing the whole schedule.

What happened tho, is that I called again the next day and got a PS for 9:40. :D

I agree with the blurting out your request at the beginning...their "hello" spiel can go on forever. ;)

Also, I used a corded phone that had a base to hit redial and the appropriate buttons...seemed easier than taking the phone away from my ear.

Originally posted by Strawman
I can't imagine why anyone would beat themselves up to get a PS here. We ate there once and it was TERRIBLE. We left without eating and without paying. Govern yourself accordingly.
I think the key here is that YOU had the opportunity to eat there and came to your own conclusion. Let's try to understand everyone's desire to experience it themselves and come to their own conclusions. :)

Hhhmmm...you didn't eat and didn't pay...I see you had the full experience! ;)

Good luck everyone! It is fun to eat there at least once.

There are two sides to every story.

Disney also called me about having a # of Cindy's PSs booked. They only called to make sure that they were going to be used. I talked to 2 managers and told both of them that NONE of the PSs were for me. I told them that I had called to help others get a PS. I asked them if they wanted me to cancel them since they were not for me, they said NO. I asked them if I could have the names on them changed, they said NO. They said they were only calling to make sure that SOMEONE would show up for the breakfast. They also asked me to call back and cancel if I found out that any of the families would not be attending the breakfast.

These calls took place last Friday. Since then I've 2 other families get PSs. If Disney had a major problem with this they would have put a stop to it a long time ago.

I agree with those who have said don't request a certain time. Whenever I call I say anytime or early as possible. Most times they give me one time, however there has been times when CMs have given several times to pick from.

If you call and say you want a PS for 8:30, they have to pull that time up check to see if it's still open, if it is great, if not, they'll have to ask for another time and start the cycle over. By this time all tables may be gone.

I think this whole Cindy's thing is pure luck. You may call and get a CM that's hyped up and excited about getting you the PS, you may get a CM that's having a bad morning, You may get a new CM that's not sure how the system works.

I have to say this.. and I know that there is a lot of discussion and disagreement on this... BUT my friend and I have both called all this week to get a Cindy's PS to no avail. I remembered that there was a link to Howie's site (which I had not visited) and I had read something about he and his site helping people with PS's for Cindy's... so I searched for Howie and found his site. I had barely started to navigate when I posted a note about needing help with a ressie for June 1-6 and was SHOCKED when Howie sent a note to tell me that he had one for June 1!!! I could not believe it! It might have been a whole 5 minutes later!

Howie does not make you 'subscribe' to his board.. you do not have to have an ID or Password... you do not need a 'profile' (unless I missed something LOL) As far as I can tell, there is no charge for what he is doing.....

Moral to the story...

If you need help with a PS.. ask for it.

It is quite a wonderful thing that He and 'his angels' are doing over there! IMHO

Pete W.. that was pretty rough. I guess that I knew that I was setting myself up, but I wouldn't have expected someone to compare a PS at Cindy's to causing someone to die!!! Geesh already!

Anyhow... The way that I see it is a lot less complicated than other folks might be seeing this. I DID try consistantly to get a PS for Cindy's. I want to take my DD and friend's DD to CRT. Howie and his angels somehow manage a 'PS warehouse' in which 'extra ps' ressies aren't cancelled, but instead passed on to folks in need... and who speak up. I don't have a problem with Howie's system.. in fact, it isn't a bad idea. If me and my friend both would have wound up with a PS for the same morning, I could give it to Howie to pass on to someone that has said that they need one for said morning. If I need help getting a PS for a paticular morning, I could speak up and instead of just 2 of us calling, there might be 5-6 folks calling for my ps... that isn't a bad idea IMHO..

If you need help, ask for it - that is the way that I see it.

I plan to continue to call for a PS and if I am so lucky to get one, I will give it to Howie to give to someone that needs it, after all.. he gave a PS to me since I needed it.

There is a movie that you should watch.. Pay it forward

The thread started with specific instructions for calling CRO for CRT ps's.. the instructions were perfectly written and very valuable..thank you. I am sorry for taking this thread off track

happy calling

For this past Feb's trip I tried three days in a row, with success on the third day. I agree, use the regular 407 number. I had my home phone, my cell phone, and my husband on his cell phone trying to get through. Almost dropped the phone when the CM answered. We got to have breakfast with Cindy on Valentine's Day!

Good luck to all!

Quoted by Pete W. "What's that syndrome where someone nearly causes another person's death just so they can revive them and be a hero?"

That's called Munchausen's by Proxy and don't you think that's a bit absurd comparing THAT to getting a PS for Cindy's breakfast? Give me a break!

Good luck to all those callers looking!

Carla, who is still willing to help anyone call. Just ask me or PM.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU i followed your instructions and got a PS for June 24th at 9:00am :). This is the day before my Daughters 5th birthday, i am going to try again tomorrow but I am just so happy to know that she will get to have breakfasts with the Princess for her birthday.

Thank you again for taking the time to print up this useful information.

Allison

I know that this probably isn't as sure a thing but this is how I got mine. We booked our vacation inside the 60 day window so all of the ressies were gone already. I decided that if I could get them I'd be happy and if not I'd try next time. So every time I called to make PSes for something else I'd ask them to check for Cindy's cancellations anytime during the week I'd be there. I called a couple of times a day without becoming obsessed with it. One day the CM said "Oh my goodness, I do!! How about 9:30 on Sunday?" I was so excited I got teary eyed. (My dd is 7 and I know that every year from now on would be a little less magical.) The CM was almost as excited as I was. My advice, Keep trying.

gthorson, thank you for this informative and helpful thread. It was well thought out and took me step-by-step thru the dialing process. You are very nice to take the time to post.

I wanted to make sure you realized there are people on this board who, while not as vocal as others may be, do really appreciate the information people are willing to share.

Moderator Dopeygirl, thank you for monitoring this thread, keeping it on topic and erasing the post by pjmaf44.

Landof10000Lakes

Thanks for the advice - we are in on the 9th @ 8:05. We check into POR on the 8th and I will inform them about the PS. Should the early time be a problem?

Wayne

I just wanted to thank you! We used your advice and got in for June 10th. My 7 year old daughter is thrilled! We really appreciate the time you took to post the guidelines for all of us with our own princess wanna be's! :earsgirl:

Julie

Thanks for the easy step by step directions - I tried to PS for Cindy's this morning - failure. Wish me luck for tomorrow(or the day after). My 4 yr dd really wants to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter