Spectator questions for Wine and Dine 10K

DisneyJayhawk

Earning My Ears
Me and a friend of mine will be running our first RunDisney race and I have a question about spectators. Our families would love to watch us in a couple spots. First on the Boardwalk or Beach Club area then head over to the Epcot parking lot for when we finish. We are just trying to figure out the logistics of that. Can they grab an Epcot bus after we pass by the resorts and get to the parking lot? Any other suggestion? TIA

I just looked at the Event Guide - official race transportation is suspended from 5-7AM so I'm not sure how they'd get to the finish unless they drive themselves or take an Uber...but they may run into road closures.

If they want to see you more than once they'd probably want to take the bus with you to the start and watch the start and finish. Or see you once in the Epcot resort area. :)

In addition to road closures, there isn't that much distance for you to travel once you start the lap of Crescent Lake (approximately mile 4.4 of 6.2). At a speed of 16 min miles, that would give about a half an hour to dash away from seeing you, get to transportation, drive to the Epcot parking lot, park, sojourn across the asphalt wasteland and hope to make it in time to see you. I would say weigh your options and help them make a choice, so there isn't any disappointment.

If it is more important to see you multiple times, then I would agree, they should see you start and finish and use the race transportation to get to the staging area in Epcot's parking lot.

If it is more important to see, cheer, hug you, then I would suggest somewhere around Crescent Lake.

I know as a runner, I have found on course cheerers more meaningful, inspirational and a nice boost/pick me up than at the start/finish line.

How easy would it be to get from Caribbean beach resort to crescent lake on race morning? Will there be buses running? Or will driving be best? My mom and cousin are coming to see me run and I'm trying to determine which is the best place for them. crescent lake or finish line?

Event buses will be running and dropping off closer to the finish line than if standard resort buses were used (if they are operating at that time).

Driving would be easier, other wise I would imagine needing to take a race bus to Epcot and then another race bus to Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach. Super time consuming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter