Spending Disney gift cards: What works for YOU?

If you find your charges were pushed through, the front desk will return those charges to your CC so that you are able to use DGC.

We use them to pay for pretty much everything, even the resort. You can do this by calling them, not doing the payment online. Probably gonna use our Disney visa and buy the cards at BJ's. So we get the 2% back on the purchase, and 5% off at the store. Really does help save, that way. The kids also each get their own card, so they can use them on whatever purchases they want.

I like having my trip paid for before we leave. Without the dining plan I've been putting more into DGC when I can find the best discount. For my trip in May I have close to $6k in DGC to pay for our food and drinks and any souvenirs. It's my wife and I and our two kids so we won't come close to spending all of it but we want to do a Disney cruise for our next trip so we'll have a nice start on saving for that trip. I'll charge everything to our room and make daily payments so nothing hits our credit card.

In the past I have paid for my entire trip with discounted Gift cards (room package, food, souvenirs).
Our last trip was in August during the peak of Delta so I didn't want to risk being stuck with several thousand dollars worth of Disney GC's because we have no future trip planned. Instead we just used them them for our food and souvenirs. It was great because I just bought them (from Target's website) as needed while we were there and I didn't have anything left over.

We gave my dd money for her college Graduation that she's been saving to use for a Disney trip. I will probably have her give me the cash and I'll buy them with my Target card to save her some money.
Or she can get her own Target card if she wants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter