~Spiderman and The Avengers???

Stitch's O'hana

<font color=blue>Gone broke buying Tag Fairy love
:charac4::charac4::charac4::charac4::charac4:

My boyfriend and I will be going to Disney World in November and he wanted to know if they are selling anything Spiderman or Avengers in the Parks? He is a big fan of both and would love it if they did!

If anyone has any pictures either, that would be great too!

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, all Marvel Super Hero rights are held by Universal Orlando, so WDW does not have any Marvel merchandise, but there is an Avengers-wrapped monorail, dubbed the AVENGERRAIL, running around the Express monorail beam.

Then how come the Disney Stores and Disney Store online can sell Spiderman and Avengers stuff? I thought for sure the parks would sell stuff too.:confused3

Universal has the theme park rights, so WDW can't sell the stuff. But the Disney retail stores aren't theme parks. Typical legal hairs splitting.

Disney does own Marvel at Universal, thats why you see the Avenger monorail, but just like said before, they can't sell the stuff because of rights and Legal issues. Plus, I don't think it would go with the Disney theming even if they could sell it.

Disney does sell Marvel merchandise there, but it is no different than what you can buy anywhere else. Nothing exclusive because of Universal's Rights to the superheroes.
I wonder how long the rights go on? I would believe that they would end at some point.

Disney does sell Marvel merchandise there, but it is no different than what you can buy anywhere else. Nothing exclusive because of Universal's Rights to the superheroes.
I wonder how long the rights go on? I would believe that they would end at some point.

I believe the contract goes on forever, so unless UOR willingly gives it up, WDW will not get Marvel in their parks.

As far as merchandise, I've never seen it being sold in the parks, maybe at WoD in DTD, but I don't remember.

On another note, I believe the Avengerrail will run until through fall, but I've heard its run could be extended through the holidays. Keep in mind, the monorail is basically black with The Avengers on it, so it's not too special.

I am pretty sure that the hero store at HS had Spiderman and Hulk shirts when I was last there. They seemed pretty boring so idk if it was due to the fact of the whole universal contract.

They definitely sell Marvel merchandise in the parks. I bought an Iron Man shirt at DHS last year.

Stitch's O'hana said:
Thanks everyone, guess we just have to look around when we are down there!

Or just order stuff off line from Disney store

Here now, and see a few things but not a ton. My understanding is that Marvel merch is not off-limits to WDW--only attractions, characters, and dining.

There is some Marvel merchandise at DTD and I think I've seen a limited amount in the parks but it's all pretty much the same generic stuff you can get online or in department stores. I think IOA actually has the better merchandise. Crossing my fingers the Avengers monorail will still be there when we go the first of Dec. Can't wait until Sept. 25 for the 3D Blu ray!!

We checked out the Marvel merchandise at WDW but I think that both Target and Wal-Mart have better selections. Do watch for the Avengers monorail though. We really thought it was cool!

As long as Universal wants to use them in their parks and contnues to maintain it , it is theirs indefinitely.That was the deal Universal and Disney made.Now Disney can use MArvel in their parks NOT in Florida

:charac4::charac4::charac4::charac4::charac4:

My boyfriend and I will be going to Disney World in November and he wanted to know if they are selling anything Spiderman or Avengers in the Parks? He is a big fan of both and would love it if they did!

If anyone has any pictures either, that would be great too!

Thanks in advance!

If you can... just add US/IOA to your trip plans, not only can he find all the merchandise he wants, he can ride the Marvel rides and they're awesome!!

When I was there in 2010, I actually thought it seemed like there was a lot of Marvel merchandise in the parks, although I hadn't been to Disney since 2000, before they owned Marvel, so maybe it just seemed like that to me because the stuff had never been there when I was around previously. There was even a big "Thor" display in the Norway pavilion at Epcot. Being a comic book fan, I thought it was great that with the merchandise at Disney, and Marvel Superhero Island over at Universal, there was Marvel stuff pretty much everywhere we went.

But as others have said, I don't recall there being anything that was special to the parks, it was the same stuff you could get anywhere. In fact I remember specifically seeing a Marvel action figure in a shop on Main Street at MK that I had previously seen at a Wal-Mart here in Pittsburgh for way cheaper.

There is a store in Hollywood Studios that sells a good bit of Marvel merchandise. The store is to the right as you are going to Tower of terror, it is sort of across from the Turkey leg place, sorry just don't remember the name of the store. There are Marvel books, shirts and nick knacks. All I remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter