~Spiderman and The Avengers???

No characters for meet 'n greets, no dining, and no rides as long as Universal wants them in their parks (And with the success of the Avengers movie, I think that it'll be a while). Disney can only sell the generic merch and have the Avengerrail at WDW. But at the other Disney parks, I bet that they'd be allowed to use the characters.

I'm not a huge Marvel fan, so it doesn't really matter to me. I'm more of a DC girl.

Unfortunately, all Marvel Super Hero rights are held by Universal Orlando, so WDW does not have any Marvel merchandise, but there is an Avengers-wrapped monorail, dubbed the AVENGERRAIL, running around the Express monorail beam.

Actually, that's very fortunate.

If you can... just add US/IOA to your trip plans, not only can he find all the merchandise he wants, he can ride the Marvel rides and they're awesome!!

This. The Spiderman ride at IoA is over a decade old and Disney still has nothing that compares to it. They also just finished a refurb to put in new digital screens and it really makes a difference.

If I understand the deal IoA has rights to only some of the characters and Universal was trying to get Disney to open more. This would be more Avengers and the like beyond the big names. When the deal was made the Avengers weren't as big of a deal now as the X-Men and Spiderman was. They want Iron Man though.

They sell figures and comics at the hotels and some Marvel Universe figs in Epcot Mousketgear. I picked up a WW2 Cap there in 2010. But the selection isn't the best because you have thousands of people going in and out of the parks and staying at the hotels. They might get new figs in but one never knows. I am hoping for Disney Specific ones like the Star Wars ones they have. A Mickey Cap would be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter