~Spin-off~ Has anyone been to the AAA Storytelling Experience? What was it like?

Every time I see this mentioned, I think, "What do they do, tell stories about having your car towed?" :teeth:

YesI'mObsessed said:
Were there alot of people? Which character was there?

Thanks!

:wave2:

We were there three weeks ago. There were only a few families there when we went and the character that told the story was Alice.

-Lori

Idroveallnight said:
what is this & where does it happen?

It is a special storytime with a Disney character for AAA members. It is one of the free perks we received from AAA when we booked a package with them. IIRC the storytime is only on Monday and Thursday evenings and you do need to call ahead to make reservations. There is a voucher you receive from AAA that you'll need when you check in.

The character is a surprise. They wouldn't tell me when I made the reservation or even when we checked in. We didn't know it would be Alice until she walked into the room. The Storytelling takes place in the AAA lounge at the MK (near the Carousel of Progress).

-Lori

We went on Jan. 26 (Thursday). The Fairy Godmother was the guest reader. There were only 12 other kids there. We really enjoyed it.

I am pretty sure you have to book your package through them. The voucher will be sent with your final documents and it will list the names of the people in your party. There are a limited number of spaces and it is only offered at certain times. You may book 90 days in advance.

I will probably call when we are at 90 days just to see what times and days are being offered. I doubt we will be able to make it, but we'll see. Not that DS9 will care one way or the other.

We also did it in January. The Fairy Godmother was the guest. We LOVED it!! There were only 3 other families. The kids all sat in a little group in front of her and she read them a story about Cinderella. She answered their questions, talked about where we were from and she even told us a little bit about what Cinderella was like. Then she stayed and took a picture with each family. We started not to do it but I am so glad that we did. I hope AAA is still offering this when we go back next January. If you get a chance to do it, please do...my boys loved it!

This sounds so great, my dd's would LOVE it. I've been pricing the AAA package and will probably go with them for our august trip - this just is another perk that is so nice!!!

Thanks everyone, I am glad to know this is a fun experience. We'd love to get Alice, that would make my dd's day! Keeping our fingers crossed. :wizard:

AAA used to have a lounge in the park for people who booked though AAA. They had free soft drinks. Does anyone know if this still exists? Maybe it is the same place as the story telling? Are any refreshements provided?

Thanks.

Evans Family said:
AAA used to have a lounge in the park for people who booked though AAA. They had free soft drinks. Does anyone know if this still exists? Maybe it is the same place as the story telling? Are any refreshements provided?

Thanks.

The storytelling is in the same place the lounge used to be. From what my AAA travel agent told me, they will no longer be serving drinks.

Maybe someone else can confirm.

:sunny: ,
Katie

How do you reserve this? I haven't received my voucher yet (final payment not yet due).

zachnlucy said:
How do you reserve this? I haven't received my voucher yet (final payment not yet due).

AAA should give you a phone number to call and make reservations. It is also written on the voucher, but my agent gave me the phone number a few weeks before I got my final papers. I'd give you the number myself, but I can't find where I had it written down.

Lori

MamaKate said:
The storytelling is in the same place the lounge used to be. From what my AAA travel agent told me, they will no longer be serving drinks.

Maybe someone else can confirm.

Our vouchers just arrived, including voucher for one free drink at the AAA Lounge for each person in our party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter