Spin-Off of Anti-Vax Thread: Have You Updated Any of Your Vaccinations?

Have You Ever Updated Your Vaccinations?

• Yes - I was advised by my doctor.

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Yes - I asked my doctor for booster-shots.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No - My doctor mentioned it but I have not followed through.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - No doctor has ever mentioned and I was not aware it was necessary.

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

ronandannette

I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!
I'm actually pretty alarmed that doctors don't routinely ensure their patient's vaccinations are kept current. I'd guess less than 10% of us here on the DIS (for whatever the sample size is worth) have ever been advised to take booster-shots. I know for myself I've never once in my entire life had a medical professional discuss it with me, with the exception of tetanus. How about you?

I'm actually pretty alarmed that doctors don't routinely ensure their patient's vaccinations are kept current. I'd guess less than 10% of us here on the DIS (for whatever the sample size is worth) have ever been advised to take booster-shots. I know for myself I've never once in my entire life had a medical professional discuss it with me, with the exception of tetanus. How about you?
Same with me. I've only been updated for tetanus and nothing else.

At my last physical, the nurse practitioner actually looked at my vaccine records and told me I needed a booster shot for tetanus, measles, mumps and rubella. I had my last vaccines decades ago.

No, I have had my titers run and I have immunity to regularly vaccinated illnesses so no need to update with boosters. I do keep up with vaccinations that commonly need boosters like tetanus. But my PCP is anal about those and checks my chart every visit to make sure I don't need any.

I had the whooping cough one but I think that's it. Got a tetanus shot but that was over 20 years ago:scared1:

Had been concentrating on getting the new shingles vaccine, Shingrix, finally got my 1st dose and the 2nd dose scheduled. I'll put boosters on my list of things to talk about when I go to my next well check:thumbsup2

At my last physical, the nurse practitioner actually looked at my vaccine records and told me I needed a booster shot for tetanus, measles, mumps and rubella. I had my last vaccines decades ago.
I was told the tetanus is now a combination (dtap I think), I just wanted tetanus so I refused.

I’ll be the odd one and say I would have voted other (there always has to be an other, don’t you know) because having updated immunizations was a requirement for my MS treatment two years ago.

I got a TDaP about 5 years ago when I co-worker was exposed to Whopping Cough. The company we worked for paiD for it for all the people who worked directly with her.

I’ll be the odd one and say I would have voted other (there always has to be an other, don’t you know) because having updated immunizations was a requirement for my MS treatment two years ago.
Admittedly I forgot about the "other" rule, but I'd say you still fit in the "I was advised by my doctor" category. :sick:

I had the Tdap booster after I had my dd in 2011. This was prior to them recommending it in pregnancy.
I think my mmr titers were checked before each pregnancy and they were good.

I voted yes because my provider does remind me when I need boosters for tetanus and whooping cough.

But in light of all the resurgence of these things, I should probably ask if I need to be checked for mumps immunity.

(I actually had measles as a baby - before I was old enough to be vaccinated, and the doctors were actually worried I wasn't going to make it. My parents told me later that I'd been in an oxygen tent and everything.)

I'm actually going to ask about updates for everything other than Tetanus (because I already got an update recently). I work with kids and I want to be protected and protect them. There's something like a 97% vaccination rate in the district I work in, which is good.

I never got a full Whooping Cough vaccine series because I had a reaction to it. The pediatrician told my mom not to get me the last shot in the series, but I had everything else available. I may ask about getting the Whooping Cough vaccine next appointment around. I have not had an issue with any other vaccine, although about an hour after the last Gardasil shot about six years ago, I almost passed out at Target. I sat down for a while and got a drink and the feeling passed. (I think this is the same reaction I had when I was a toddler but I have no memory of the situation so I can't really confirm.)

I wish I could have gotten the chickenpox vaccine but it didn't exist til after I already had chickenpox.

No, but I have an appointment with my new GP next week and I will ask. Thanks for bringing topic up.

My records are probably somewhere sealed in glacier ice so have no clue how my doctors would even know (let alone myself) on if I need to be re-vaccinated.

The only vaccines I have had are tetanus and hepatitis as I had the other diseases before the vaccines came out. I had rubella 3 or 4 times as I had light cases each time. I finally showed immunity when I was tested in my 20s when I worked in a hospital.

In the past few years I’ve gotten vaccines for TDaP, flu, and Yellow Fever. I really should look into getting others. The vaccines I’ve recieved in adulthood have all been a result of pregnancy recommendations or foreign travel requirements. I’ve never had a doctor take it upon themselves to discuss boosters with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter