Spin off of slo's refrigerator poll..

Is yours gone, MN?
Ours died a few years ago. It was...25+ years old. We had planned on moving within the year, so went basic and cheap.

Still living here with this stupid fridge. Top freezer...all 3 of my boys are giants and can never see what's in the fridge, etc.

.. A spin off of @slo's refrigerator thread today. In your experience, what is the ideal refrigerator/freezer configuration, like side-by-side, French door (top freezer or bottom freezer), bottom freezer, top freezer, or some other configuration?
I like a bottom freezer model, but we bought a side-by-side over 20 years ago and it just won't die.

.. A spin off of @slo's refrigerator thread today. In your experience, what is the ideal refrigerator/freezer configuration, like side-by-side, French door (top freezer or bottom freezer), bottom freezer, top freezer, or some other configuration?
I feel so special to see a spin-off thread from todays poll :yay:

To answer the question….French door with bottom freezer in the kitchen and top freezer fridge in the garage.

We had a side by side once and didn’t care for it - the freezer was too skinny for us.

I wish they made a French door with a top freezer. I like being able to put wide items in the fridge, but I would rather have the freezer on top with shelves Instead of on the bottom with baskets.

We have a side by side right now. It’s built in and the house was built in the 1960’s and the size is tiny. The last time we replaced it there were only 1 or 2 models that would fit. Has never really been adequate for a family of 5. Luckily we have a spare fridge in the basement for the overflow. It has a freezer on top. Our garage is off of our kitchen and we have a stand alone feeezer there. If we ever remodel the kitchen I would like to get a larger fridge in almost any configuration. I wouldn’t mind not having a freezer as part of that since I have the stand alone upright as well as the top of the basement fridge/freezer.

Had one side by side - hated it - now have French Door top and freezer bottom drawer with sections. Love it! Also have an extra upright freezer in utility room.

So much side by side hate.

Like clothes washers, bigger is better when it comes to refrigerators. You have to max out the interior capacity to be satisfied. A lot of people buy a too small refrigerator and then hate it. Anything smaller than 28 cu ft is a deal breaker for me.

We have a side by side in the kitchen. When it goes, I think I’ll replace it with the French Door/bottom freezer drawer type. We have a standard top freezer one in the garage.

Side by side, and very happy with it.

Though, it's getting time to get a new one, and I think I might like a 4-door, like this:
6517594cv3d.jpg

I prefer side-by-side refrigerators. Hate the French door style on top w/freezer on the bottom. Fridge repair guy told me recently that the French doors on top & freezer on bottom styles of refrigerators tend to break down more often.

We are currently fridge shopping so this is very timely! I have hated my fridge from the day we moved in, 14 years ago. We have a bottom freezer with wire baskets that are awful. What we are going to buy is a French door, bottom freezer, counter depth with water dispenser and ice maker with outside access. I’m pushing for a model that has 2 separate freezer drawers, hoping it keeps things more organized and less gets lost. It also had an additional “artisan ice maker” in the freezer lol. It makes golf ball sized balls of ice! The counter depth may take some space away, but we lose a lot in the back of the fridge and this will help with that if it’s not as deep. Hoping to get it ordered soon, our old fridge is on its last legs!

French door/bottom freezer

This. Our fridge unexpectedly died last year and we had to scramble to get a new one. This was the only model that fit in the space that was available at the appliance store at the time but honestly, this is what I would have chosen had I had all the options available.

I had a side by side previously (came with the house) and I loathed it with the heat of a thousand suns.

I like this set up so much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter