Spin-off Parking fees... switching hotels

Funny thing is I just checked 4 of the 7 Disney Springs resorts. All 4 have resort fees, and 2 of them charge for parking on top of the resort feel. The Hilton chargers a $30 fee and charges you $10 a night to park. Plus the cost is comparable to a moderate Disney resort. So if people are looking at Disney Springs resorts to escape fees, then they seem to be looking in the wrong place.

I agree. I refuse on principle to pay any hotel resort or parking fees, as I feel they are all nothing but a blatant money grab. I have two trips to Disney that are still grandfathered in, and then a co-worker who literally drives through Disney on her daily commute has offered to drop me off and pick me up, so I will just leave my car at work. Once Disney decides to charge resort fees, I will have no choice but to stay elsewhere or do day trips from home. I could not find a single Disney Springs hotel that didn’t either charge a resort fee, parking fee, or both. I don’t care if the overall total is so much less than Disney. I don’t want to give any hotel the idea that these fees are OK.

I just stayed at Bonnet Creek Wyndam for 8 nights for 1050. It was woderful. We had a full kitchen, living room. One bathroom had a jacuzzi style tub and a skin. The other has a walk in shower, sink, and toliet. The resort had 5 pools including 2 lazy river. Some pools had slides and there were two toddler water features. There was no resort or parking fee, and it is right next to Caribbean beach so I never has to leave the "Disney Bubble". There was no daily housekeeping but you could ask for refills (coffe, towels, etc). The resort was fully stoked with utensils and included a washer and dryer. There was even a small bottle of dish soap, and 2 packs of laundry detergent. I drove to the parks daily. There is a shuttle but it is $8 per person so we did not use it for our party of 4. I will never stay at a Disney resort again. We stayed at All starts for 2 nights before going to Bonnet creek. The Bonnet Creek room was about $10 less per night than the All star resort and I got SOOOO much more. I actually already had my fastpasses at 60 days out because originally I booked my entire vacation at All Star, but then I saw this deal and shortened my stay at ALL Stars. I really should have canceled my ALL Star room all together but I wanted to experience a Disney hotel. Boy what an experience. Small room, and no amenities. I will say though that we were not charged for parking. I checked in online and used my magic band to enter the room. I never had to go to the front desk for check in. I wonder is Disney has backed off of the parking fees or if this was just a fluke that I did not get charged. I say to each his own. I need value for my vacation dollar and I don't see that at Disney resorts. I loved Bonnet creek and I plan to stay there again next year. We were asked if we wanted to attend a time share presentation, but I declined. We did not book the resort using a time share promotion so I did not have to go, but I spoke with others who had booked using a timeshare promotion and went to the presentation. I was really happy with Bonnet Creek!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter