(Spin-off) Popcorn be darned. Where do you fall in this debate?

Marathoner pooping in homeowner’s yard?

• No big deal, everyone poops!

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Totally disgusting, I’d be mad, too!

Votes: 89 90.8%
  • It really doesn’t bother me one way or the other

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gross. I would be mad. You don’t know what diseases that person has. That poop can have parasites.

I‘m sure it’s not the woman’s proudest moment …hopefully she made an attempt to be discreet about it with some tree cover or something. If you live along the route you should expect things like that to happen occasionally. While I wouldn’t be happy about it, I’d cut her some slack. Maybe the marathon committee should have a hotline you can call to report a problem like this and have someone come by with a pooper scooper to clean up….
Seriously? If you live on a marathon route you should expect them to crap in your yard? Nope. Not ever. That’s despicable. I don’t care how “elite” the person is as a runner, nor how prestigious the event is. There is no circumstance where doing that in someone’s yard is ok.

This is why runners have the rule "nothing new on race day!" Wonder what she ate the day before/on the course. :P
100% this or she didn't practice her nutrition very well during long run training sessions.

As an endurance athlete, I make sure to train with what ever is going to be on the course. If I know that it's something my stomach can't tolerate, I bring my own nutrition. In the past Boston has provided Clif GU. This year they switched to Maurten, which is absolutely vile and if you haven't used it in training, you will be looking for the port-a-potty in a hurry.

Port-a-potties are located at every aid station and are a mile a part beginning at mile two. She qualified for Boston and she couldn't make it to the next aid station?

Ironman actually has a rule that if you pee or poop in public you're automatically disqualified. If Boston has that rule and one of the officials sees that video, she will be DQed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter