Spin off ... Someone ever got anything stolen from Disney Hotel Room?

danielocha30

DIS Veteran
There is another treat about a housekeeping who got caught stealing at Disney Resort, and I know it does happen at any hotel, I have never heard of any stories here in the board, will like to here your experience and Disney response

Stolen? Possibly, at Aulani we had a stuffed monkey disappear while at dinner from our room, turn down service had been in room and it was gone when we got back. Our son had slept with that monkey for like 5 years every night.

Not from the hotel room, but I'm pretty sure someone stole a baseball cap, sunglasses, and small cooler that we left at the lounge chairs at Port Orleans pool. We were in the pool for maybe 20 minutes.

Many years ago my son left 20.00 on the bedside table at the Contemporary in a Garden Wing Room. I told him to put it in his wallet but he forgot ( he was maybe 12 or 13?).
Sure enough it was gone when we got back to the room after a day in the parks. I never did report it to Disney, I considered it a lesson learned for him. Ever since then, he doesn't leave anything out in a hotel room.

Parents, aunt and uncle had their villa burglarized at OKW in 2006. The thieves took cash, travelers checks and phones. They were all at the pool when it happened. Sheriff was called and a case was filed. The burglars had broken the patio door, got the unit above theirs and were seen trying to get into the one next to theirs when they ran away.

Not from the hotel room, but I'm pretty sure someone stole a baseball cap, sunglasses, and small cooler that we left at the lounge chairs at Port Orleans pool. We were in the pool for maybe 20 minutes.

Someone stole DH's watch and ball cap right off the pool chair at ASMovie. We were all in the pool, not paying attention, and it was scooped up.

It was a 15 year old, $20 watch and a $20 beat up, faded ballcap.

They missed the room keys, DD#2's $75 Minnie watch and my Ipod on the other chair.

We've never had anything taken. From any hotel.

As far as cash left on a desk/table in the room, that easily could have been housekeeping who thought it was a tip and not someone actually stealing. We've always just left cash out for housekeeping, without a note, and it's gone when we come back as we anticipated. I know a lot of people who do the same, so I think that would be an easy mistake/assumption for a housekeeper to make if the money was left out in plain sight.

No - nothing stolen.

Will add - One trip, a few days after we got home, my then teenage daughter realized ( or all of us since we try to check the room before leaving) she forgot her Harry Potter souvenir in the draw at Boulder Creek (can't get used to the name yet). I called WDW/Lost and Found. It had been brought to Lost and Found and was mailed to us.

Recently, I missed our T&T (I had the Do Not Disturb sign). I told the front desk it was my fault (SSR) and if we could just have fresh towels delivered. I placed a $5 tip by the sink (studio) and housekeeping did not take it. Either she did not see it or I had no note with it. Next time - will place a thank you note with a smile.

Many years ago my son left 20.00 on the bedside table at the Contemporary in a Garden Wing Room. I told him to put it in his wallet but he forgot ( he was maybe 12 or 13?).
Sure enough it was gone when we got back to the room after a day in the parks. I never did report it to Disney, I considered it a lesson learned for him. Ever since then, he doesn't leave anything out in a hotel room.
I'm sure the housekeeper thought it was a tip. It might have been a tough lesson for your son, but your housekeeper felt blessed.
I never had anything stolen. Quite the contrary. Last summer we were at aulani. My sis and her family left a couple of days before we did. She called me after they checked out panicked because she'd left her diamond ring on the bed where she'd removed it to apply lotion. She then called lost and found who said housekeeping had already turned it in. She arranged for them to give it to me that day. I asked for the name of that housekeeper and saw to it she got a nice tip and a great write-up.

in 1998 we had a small bag of medical items including prescription drugs stolen from our room at the Contemporary. The manage could not have care less. It was either the maid(s) or someone walking by while it was being cleaned and reached into the bathroom and took it. Since the we put away/hide anything of value.

Maybe they thought it was a generous tip???

Not at Disney but a hotel in North Conway, NH I had a cats eye ring stolen from the chairs at the pool. I put it under my cover up and when I got out it was the first thing I looked for and it was gone. I was so sad, my dad gave it to me he bought it in the early 70s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter