Spin-off unusual allergies

disney212

DIS Veteran
There are lots of threads on peanut, dairy, gluten, soy and bee allergies. My DS26 is GF and I find his allergy is much easier to deal with when out than DD25 who is allergic to rosmary. Anyone else have an unusual allergy?

Bell peppers...and not just me, a handful of my family members are as well. :confused3

Aladora said:
Bell peppers...and not just me, a handful of my family members are as well. :confused3

Wonder if hereditary has anything to do with it. DS & DD are the only ones in our family.

I'm allergic to rosin (pine sap), as well as lauryl gallate, which is a preservative in many foods, cosmetic and medications. (along with other more normal things)

I have an allergy to two medications, Soma and Ceftin. What sucks is Ceftin usually prescribed for sinus infections, which I get a LOT because I'm allergic to the lovely Bradford Pear trees that are all over Ga and bloom from March to April. :sick:

Robinrs said:
I have an allergy to two medications, Soma and Ceftin. What sucks is Ceftin usually prescribed for sinus infections, which I get a LOT because I'm allergic to the lovely Bradford Pear trees that are all over Ga and bloom from March to April. :sick:

I never thought to include meds same DD is allergic to Z-pack, morphine (found out while in the recovery room), and prednisone.

My wife is allergic to mango. She breaks out like poison ivy. She is also allergic to penicillin, her throat closes up.

Apples :sad: totally bums me out. it started about 6 years ago. I drink Appletini's to make up for it.

kae

I never thought to include meds same DD is allergic to Z-pack, morphine (found out while in the recovery room), and prednisone.

I'm allergic to Morphine, too. Not looking forward to the first couple of days after my surgery next week.

minnie mum said:
I'm allergic to Morphine, too. Not looking forward to the first couple of days after my surgery next week.

They gave her dilaidid, it is stronger than morphine so it does control pain.

Specific breeds of cats. Siamese, Persian, couple others. Typical "barn cats" don't bother me a bit.

We had cats my whole life, so the first time I had a reaction to one (in my 20's), it was the last thing I suspected.

I'm allergic to something in most balsamic vinegars. My tongue develops fissures and bleeds, and I get hives. It's not pretty!

My DS is severely allergic to any thing PUMPKIN and less severely allergic to chicken and other poultry.... on top of that he has the more "traditional" tree nut allergies. Needless to say, Thanksgiving is NOT his favorite holiday!:lmao:...................P

My son and I have a raging pineapple allergy. He is also allergic to cashews and I am very allergic to sunflower.

Me, too. I had surgery and no problems with pain relief because there are other pain meds.

Then there's the cilantro thing. It's not an allergy, it's actually a genetic anomaly. Some people, like DD, find cilantro tastes like soap.

I have a question for the people with pineapple allergies. Is it truly an allergy, or are you exceptionally sensitive to the proteolytic enzymes in fresh/raw pineapple?

My DD has an allergy to beef and chicken....skin tested and everything. Add in my Celiac and we are a hard pair to cook for!!

Mangos, and the Sun. Not kidding about the sun. It makes going on a cruise suck sometimes, but I just deal with it because I'm not giving up cruising. :sad2:

ETA: Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter