Spinoff: How often do you reuse towels?

Bath towels I do a little bit different than most people. When I shower, I use the previous day’s hair towel for the body and get a clean towel to wrap up my hair (which is long and needs to remain wrapped up too long to just use one towel for both). Then the body towel goes to the laundry and the hair towel is hung up to dry and be used as the next body towel. So technically, while I am using one new towel each shower, I am using each towel twice before it goes into the laundry.

I use paper towels and sanitizing wipes in the kitchen (I do not hand wash dishes), and hand towels in the bathroom get changed out 2-3 times per week. I wash my hands in the kitchen before preparing food, and use a paper towel then.

Bath body towels - washed every Sunday
Bath hand towels - washed every Sunday
Kitchen towels - washed every Sunday, but changed out often during the week.
This to the day! But don’t change hand towels as often as only one person per bathroom.

I use my towel for probably 4 days before it goes in the laundry (but a clean washcloth for every shower! - It drives me nuts when hotels encourage you to reuse towels, but still leave the same number of washcloths to go with them.)

One of the many things I have learned on the DIS - there are people who only use a bath towel once. I was very surprised when I heard that years ago. Ours hang up for a week (and like TV guy we are retired and don't shower everyday.)

I honestly have no idea. Towels are hung on a towel bar to dry immediately after use. I dump mine into the towel basket after a week or so. No idea how frequently DH swaps his out, but usually his "old" towel becomes the "shower wall drying towel" when he swaps out. Same with hand towels- they hang on a bar so dry quickly. I probably swap it out every couple of weeks.

I use twice. I typically change hand towels ever day or 2. My reason is because a damp towel grows stuff.

I'm curious after the bathroom cleaning thread - how often do you reuse towels? We're a one use and done in this house, but I think we're in the minority as most reuse. We do a load of towels frequently, maybe every two or three days. We do a load of laundry daily so that's not an issue for us.
For my hair towel, I use it twice (wash my hair usually every 3rd day), then it becomes the towel I step on when I get out of the shower for a day or two until I do laundry.

For my body towel, I change every three-ish days. I hang it up promptly after using.

I use a bath towel about 4 times before throwing it in the wash. I'll change the hand towel out in my bathroom then, too (I'm the only one who uses that bathroom).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter