• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spinoff : How tall are you? Are you happy with your height?

Runt of the pack. All my sisters are taller than me (younger and older) and I still stand 5'4-3/4" in my bare feet. Used to bother me but doesn't anymore. My sons are also taller (I can recall talking into the belly button of one) but think I'm a rabid Chihuahua who shouldn't be annoyed. I make them sit in a chair for long conversations.

I am 5'5", which is perfect for me! I am sure if I was a man, I would want to be taller!! Ha, ha!!

My husband is 5'11", the tallest in his family and the envy of his brothers, both brothers are 5'4". The brothers blame their Mom for their height as she smoked throughout her pregnancy and did not smoke while pregnant with my husband! Who knows if there is any truth to that, but they believe it.

My boys are both 6'2" and are the tallest by far of anyone on either side of our families!

Runt of the pack. All my sisters are taller than me (younger and older) and I still stand 5'4-3/4" in my bare feet. Used to bother me but doesn't anymore. My sons are also taller (I can recall talking into the belly button of one) but think I'm a rabid Chihuahua who shouldn't be annoyed. I make them sit in a chair for long conversations.
Ha! This is me, too. I only have one sister, but at 5'2", I am literally the shortest person in my family. All of my first cousins, aunts, uncles, both of my parents, and my sister are all taller than me.

I actually like my height though. I even wouldn’t mind being slightly shorter. I wouldn’t want to be any taller.

Last edited:

5'8" I'm fine with it now......not so much growing up.
Other than the kids, I am now the shortest in the family

At one time I was 5’ 2 3/4”, but I think I’ve already shrunk a little bit. My oldest DD is about my height, DD #2 is about 5’ 4” and DD #3 is about 5’ 5”. Youngest could very well grow a bit more.

We all hate our height. I have always rationalized that if I were taller I could eat more without gaining weight and I think I would look better in clothing. I feel like petite things are usually just a little short and regular clothing is a bit too long. My girls have all played volleyball, youngest two still play and height is a huge advantage so they would all like to be taller.

I'm 5'5" and I think 2 more inches would be fantastic because there are times when I cannot reach things and they always seem to be instances where just the tiniest bit more height would fix the problem. :)

Let's just say I get along well with Goofy, Jafar, Woody, Beast and Chewbacca. :chewy:

6' 6 1/2" for most of my life, probably 6' 6" now as I am in the shrinking period of life now. Would probably have enjoyed about 6' 4" better....easier on airplanes, cars, buying clothes, a few attractions at WDW, etc. But by now, I'm used to it, haha. With my wife, Marie, at 5' 1/2", we have made a good pair over the past 50+ years.

I'm 5'5" and I wouldn't mind being an inch or two taller. It seems like all regular length pants are a bit too long, but short ones are just a little too short.

I'm a little over 5'6" and would be fine with that if it DH wasn't 6'6". I'd prefer to have his lips more on level with mine.

What I want to know is if anyone is going to create a spinoff asking how much we weigh and if we're happy with it.

I used to be 5.3 1/2 now I am 5.0 or 5.1 depending on which doctor I get measured at with the same shoes on. I always wanted to be taller. The ironic thing is that in elementary school I was always one of the taller kids, then I just stopped growing! My dad was 6.1 and my mom about 5.3.

4'7". Not a typo. Yes. I wish I were taller. Also too short for my width. I'm the runt of my entire family (extended family included). I think the next shortest in my family was 4'10".

I used to be 5.3 1/2 now I am 5.0 or 5.1 depending on which doctor I get measured at with the same shoes on. I always wanted to be taller. The ironic thing is that in elementary school I was always one of the taller kids, then I just stopped growing! My dad was 6.1 and my mom about 5.3.

I was the same way. I was always one of the tallest kids until middle school, when I stopped growing and everyone else kept growing.

5’11” (female). I’m happy with it...I’ve always been the tallest among my peers so I don’t know any different. Also, the extra height proportions out the extra weight better!

I was a VERY tall child. I was only sometimes shorter than children that were held back a grade, then I stopped growing prematurely. Now I’m just slightly shorter than the average woman. When I was younger I really disliked that I didn’t end up 5’9 like my early childhood height predicted. Then I met my husband and I quite like our height difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter