• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spinoff - Snapshots turning up everywhere

cijay

mentally confused and prone to wandering
As there are two threads right now - the one about the teacher and the one about someone taking pictures in the gym, just wondering if anyone have had any pictures of themselves turn up somewhere they don't want.

The closest I've come is after an interview re:drunk driving, the reporter went on my facebook and took a few pictures of my mother and father to put in her report. I was a bit miffed - would have given them to her if she'd asked but I understand my facebook is public and enjoyed looking at the two pictures of mum's twin sister w/HER husband in the article instead of my parents LOL.

But here's a scenario: Cousin's son (in our family, they're all 'nieces and nephews') got married last year. When the pictures were done, they were so beautiful, by the lake, beautiful day, purple colour theme, they were so beautiful and one of the things that the couple signed was permission for the photographer to use their photos in his portfolio and on his website.

Marriage broke up a month later (don't ask!). A few weeks ago, groom got advertising from the photographer offering a discount on family photos and when he pulled up the site - there were their wedding pictures. Now, he knows they signed, he knows they are property of the photographer and doesn't really mind (though he asked if he should tell the photographer that the bride took off with the next door neighbour the next week?) and wouldn't think of asking him to take them down...but some are saying he should.

The question is not so much should he ask to have them taken down (don't know if the bride is even aware they're up) but if you were the photographer would you 'have a heart' and take them down?

I've found that 90-95% of the pictures that "turn up" somewhere that they don't want are of attractive people. I haven't matched that description in a long time, so I don't worry about it.

Yes. Several years ago a group photo including me taken at an event appeared on my company's website. Thankfully it was only up for a short while.

I guess you haven't heard of People of Walmart. :crazy2:

I have indeed! But we avoid Walmart between the hours of about 11:00 pm and 7:00 am. Plus neither Mrs. Tex nor I are worthy for that sort of honor. (Although we think People of Walmart would be a killer theme for a costume party.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter