Spinoff, What are you "Not" good at?

Oops - I completely forgot singing until others mentioned it! Add that to my list.

What would your friends say you're not good at?

I'll get back to you about mine 'cause I know someone here will ask, and I need time... :rotfl2:

Edited:. Nautical knots, Oh wait! that's what DH would say.

Definitely knots! Also, sharpening knives, cutting in a straight line, and a bunch of other stuff.

Math hate it not good at it and sadly am a bookkeeper. Thank goodness for calculators and spreadsheets.

This is a long list:
- anything technical (appliances are my enemies)
- singing (but love to do it anyway)
- dealing with paper of any kind - my office looks a bit like a hurricane hit it
- parallel parking - we don't have a lot of street parking around here and it's not in our driving test, so I never practiced it. Instead, I can reverse perfectly into a parking spot because in my day that WAS on our test!
- staying focused on boring tasks
- speaking a foreign language even after years of trying to study it (the written part wasn't hard)
- remembering to take pills - luckily I rarely need to

There’s a lot I can’t do but one that bugs me is spacial relationships (is that the right word)?

Like, if there’s leftovers from a meal I can’t judge how big a container I need. I either choose one that’s ridiculously huge or one that I can’t get more than a scoop or two into.

I also lack a certain amount of common sense. It’s not because I’m dumb, it’s an MS thing and it’s really, really frustrating and embarrassing.

For example..I moved a few years ago and one thing I moved was a brass and glass shelving unit (remember those lol). I moved the frame and could NOT for the life of me figure out why the glass panes no longer fit on the pegs. It was like the glass grew or the pegs shrunk. I fiddled with it for DAYS until I mentioned it to my dad. He looked at it for two seconds and then turned the whole unit end for end. It had been upside down the whole time and that just didn’t even register as a possibility. Luckily my family knows what my deficits are and don’t tease me about it. It still makes me feel dumb though.

ETA- it looked like this but just with one column

CBE4A576-6412-4A8D-87C6-D0567F0A50AB.jpeg

There’s a lot I can’t do but one that bugs me is spacial relationships (is that the right word)?

Like, if there’s leftovers from a meal I can’t judge how big a container I need. I either choose one that’s ridiculously huge or one that I can’t get more than a scoop or two into.

I also lack a certain amount of common sense. It’s not because I’m dumb, it’s an MS thing and it’s really, really frustrating and embarrassing.

For example..I moved a few years ago and one thing I moved was a brass and glass shelving unit (remember those lol). I moved the frame and could NOT for the life of me figure out why the glass panes no longer fit on the pegs. It was like the glass grew or the pegs shrunk. I fiddled with it for DAYS until I mentioned it to my dad. He looked at it for two seconds and then turned the whole unit end for end. It had been upside down the whole time and that just didn’t even register as a possibility. Luckily my family knows what my deficits are and don’t tease me about it. It still makes me feel dumb though.

ETA- it looked like this but just with one column

View attachment 282935

Yes, "Spatial" I read it here just last week. It became my newest "word of the week" spacial, spacial, spacial! :rotfl2:

Sports. All sports.
Oh, and drawing... my elementary school art teacher one told me my drawing was no good because my apples weren’t shiny enough....

Cooking, baking - if there wasn't a microwave and a freezer full of pre-cooked stuff, we'd all starve. Luckily, hubby cooks, and cooks well. Younger daughter bakes some fantastic stuff. I clean up after them :)

Remembering street names - I drive by landmarks, not street names. Don't ask me for directions, unless you want me to draw you a map, LOL!

Electricity - can't understand it so I'm rarely placed in Physics classes. (I'm a tutor at local high school.) I also tend to go through electronics and electrical devices quite quickly.

I'm also a procrastinator, so there's lots of stuff piled up here and there.

Listening to others, and not rushing forward with a solution, before they even finish. I have to remind myself not everyone wants a solution, they just want someone to care.

Of the things I do regularly...
Driving
Cooking
Socializing (kind of like above...not good at listening or asking questions and also really not good with wit)

Another vote for Math. In high school I failed Algebra, switched to Geometry and proceeded to fail that twice.

Cooking. I tend to multi-task and end up burning things or, at least, overcooking them.
And I frequently forget to turn off the oven. :scared:

I'm actually "not good" at a lot of things, but I've gotten pretty darn good at "fake it till you make it."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter