Spinoff: What Highly Regarded Singers Do You Not Care For?

Bob Dylan immediately came to mind. He's really the only one I can think of right now. I can't STAND him.

I read all the responses and so many of them I like (Barbra Streisand, Tony Bennett, Johnny Cash, Keith Urban, Jewel, Willie, Train, Celine, etc. etc.) but I agree about Bob Dylan. :crazy2: And any rapper as well.

You guys are awesome. He may be one the world's greatest songwriters, but dear God who ever told the man he could sing?

I also have to immediately turn off the radio if anything by Jim Morrison (the Doors) comes on. I swear my ears bleed at their songs.

LOL I heard The Doors earlier tonight & immediately thought of this thread. And I like The Doors, but for those who hate them, I get it :)

Hmmm..... I can't really think of any that I hate the sound of their voice. :confused:

Indiana Menzel - Can't stand her singing and never understood why people think she actually can. I won't even listen to the Wicked cast album because she cracks so much. I also don't listen to her version of Let It Go.

Autocorrect I presume. :laughing:

sailorstitch

I saw her mentioned, I never considered Taylor Swift to be highly regarded though. I just find her to be very irritating and I do not like her. Again, already mentioned Mick Jagger/Rolling Stones, I just don't like them.

As far as bringing something new to the mix... The Dave Matthews Band. (if they are even still relevant) I know a lot of people who seem to think Dave Matthews is great I am like :rolleyes:

Beyonce

Celine - I mostly can't stand the faces and overdramatic drama she brings to her performances. I turned on the tv one Saturday night and she was on there singing. I honestly thought for a minute that it was Saturday Night Live and they were making fun of her - but no, it was her.

Patsy Cline. She may be dead but she's still well loved. I'm tortured with her whiny twang at least once a week and want to gouge my ears out every time.

Some runner ups but none near as bad as Patsy are
Beyonce, Paula Abdul, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, John Denver, Barry Manilow and Elvis

Well I wouldn't say I don't care for them, but any highly regarded pop singer should not be nominated for best ever unless it's for the pop category only.

Carrie Underwood. She has an amazing natural talent and that is where it stops. It's as if she has done absolutely nothing to learn how to actually use her voice. All her songs sound exactly the same, and oh so boring! But what do I know, she sure is raking in the cash!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter