Spirit of Aloha & Hoop Dee Doo Revue

Kathyandtyler

Mouseketeer
My DS 9 and I are going to WDW the first week of April and I already have PS for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, should be try to see the Spirit of Aloha also? Are Lilo & Stitich at the SOA?

My other question is if they serve you family style can my son eat off both the adult and children's trays?

Thank so much.

Kathy

Hi!

We liked the Spirit of Aloha dinner, but we have 2 young girls. I don't know how much a boy will care about it because it's a lot of dancing. Although, there is a fire dance that was really good. They also invite the kids onto the stage to dance with them at one point. Lilo is an adult woman. No Stitch. The storyline is that Lilo comes home from being in the big outside world and rediscovers her roots.

Your son can eat items from the adult platter. At least, we did with no problem since our girls are picky and didn't like everything on their kid plate. The waiter will keep bringing out refills of the dishes.

Another place to consider eating instead of the Aloha dinner is Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. It's very popular.

Another idea if you want to save some money but still see some characters is the Ice Cream Social at the Garden Grill at Epcot.

Also, there's a campfire, sing-along with Chip and Dale and a Disney movie at Fort Wilderness that's free.

Have fun!

We attended both shows during the same trip back in October and loved both of them.

When I was a little guy of 10 I remember going to both the Luau(which is now SOA) and Hoop Dee Doo both for the first time. At that time I thought the Hoop Dee Doo was just ok but I was completely blown away by the Luau. 22 years later... I find that I am more entertained by Hoop Dee Doo.

As for sharing the food, you should not have any problems with your son eating from the adult trays. My 2 year old daughter was given a 'happy meal box' type of meal and she ended up liking the roasted chicken from the adult tray more.

We attended the early evening SOA show (like 5pm) and didn't see any of Lilo & Stitch (though we were expecting to). Not sure if something went wrong with the cast that night or if it is offered only at certain shows.

Originally posted by Fridye
Lilo is an adult woman. No Stitch. The storyline is that Lilo comes home from being in the big outside world and rediscovers her roots.

I am sooo clueless... So THAT was the lilo & stitch part of the show. I was expecting big costumed characters (a la Magic Kingdom) doing the hula dance or something. (kinda glad that was NOT the case)

At the SOA dinner are the kid meals less expensive? I was thinking of bringing my two daughters, 7 and 8 to that one (we have two nights total before our cruise) but I'm also wondering if there's a princess type dinner with entertainment too.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter