Spirit of Aloha Review

matt&jakesmom

DIS Veteran
Just saw the show on Saturday the 2nd. It was a nice family show. I think a lot of people are missing the point of the show which is basically the whole theme of it-traditions and the spirit of family.

My ds's who are 9 & 7 enjoyed the show and really liked the fire part of it. The food was good. I thought the ribs there were much better than at the Hoop Dee Doo. All in all we thought it was worth the 2TS credits and we would see the show again. :)

Thanks for the review! We'll be trying it for the first time, in a few weeks, and I've been a little worried how it will be!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Oh THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I have been so worried about this one...we will be there next Wednesday. So glad you gave us a positive outlook for this one!!

Disneyfan551 & letsgoagainsoon- I do hope you all enjoy the show. Keep an open mind and listen to the words of the show. I think maybe people are just watching the show and really not listening to the background of the meaning. Let me know what you all think.

Glad you liked it! I've always really enjoyed the show but haven't been the last couple of trips.

matt&jakesmom said:
Disneyfan551 & letsgoagainsoon- I do hope you all enjoy the show. Keep an open mind and listen to the words of the show. I think maybe people are just watching the show and really not listening to the background of the meaning. Let me know what you all think.

Thank you and I will let you know...

Thank you for the review. I reserved this show on my DH birthday and was having a bit of buyers remorse. The reviews are not great, but we saw this when my children were little and wanted to take them once again. My DGD is a Lilo fan and is now obsessed with the Hula so I thought this would be the frosting on the cake. You just made my day!

One question, I will advise that it is my DH birthday. Do the CM's do anything special for birthday celebrations? Now when we went a long time ago, the dancers came and got DH and is then 17 YO nephew to Hula with them. It was one of the best memories we all have. DO they still interact with the audience?

Glad you enjoyed SOA ! we did too. I thought the food and the show was lovely and at the time we had a great waiter who kept the drinks flowing. How was your server with drink refills ?

magicmouse2 said:
Glad you enjoyed SOA ! we did too. I thought the food and the show was lovely and at the time we had a great waiter who kept the drinks flowing. How was your server with drink refills ?

WE had no problems with getting drinks refilled. In fact she brought out my son another chocolate milk before he was finished with the first one.

I have been trying to decide if we will keep our ressie. We will have a 7 year old and a 12 month old. The baby loves music and dance but I worry it will be long for her and the 7 year old is a boy and ancy!

Thanks for the review!

highsmith said:
I have been trying to decide if we will keep our ressie. We will have a 7 year old and a 12 month old. The baby loves music and dance but I worry it will be long for her and the 7 year old is a boy and ancy!

Thanks for the review!
We will be going with a 2 yr old, 6 yr old and 7 month old. I will let you know how the kids liked it when we get back.

We leave today!! :banana:

highsmith said:

Thanks for the review!

My 9 & 7 year old enjoyed it especially the ending with the guy and his "firestick". They were glued to that segment of the show. Of course it is at the end. The whole show including eating dinner and the entertainment did last 2 hours. Hope this helps, anything else let me know. :)

Nancyg56 said:
Thank you for the review. I reserved this show on my DH birthday and was having a bit of buyers remorse. The reviews are not great, but we saw this when my children were little and wanted to take them once again. My DGD is a Lilo fan and is now obsessed with the Hula so I thought this would be the frosting on the cake. You just made my day!

One question, I will advise that it is my DH birthday. Do the CM's do anything special for birthday celebrations? Now when we went a long time ago, the dancers came and got DH and is then 17 YO nephew to Hula with them. It was one of the best memories we all have. DO they still interact with the audience?

I think it was shortly after dinner that they ask people who have birthdays in the month to come up and they sing Happy Birthday and they show them how to hula. Mostly kids went up but there were a few adults. They seemed to have fun with it. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Saw the show on Aug 31st. Loved it and loved the food. But a word of warning....make sure you put on some bug spray before you go. Our ankles got eaten up while we were there.

I'm so glad I read your review. We're going to be there Weds night too and we're excited. Daughter loves the hula! We're going to Hawaii in December so we're trying to see how she will do at this luau because we plan on doing 3 in Hawaii.

We saw the show last Sept 13 and we were pleasantly surprised. We did think portions of it were a bit cheesey, but overall we all liked it. We also enjoyed the food, I was expecting so so food, but it was actually pretty good. The CM's and our waiter were great.

I do not feel it was a waste of 2 credits. On the other hand, I don't think it is a show you need to see every trip.

Not intending to be the "downer" here, but I wanted to share another perspective.

We went on Aug. 31 and while I enjoyed the show and theming, our entire family agreed that the food was absolutely REPULSIVE! Even after using 8 TS credits for our party of 4 here, we were all hungry afterwards because we hardly ate anything.

We did HDDR last year and it enjoyed it SOOOOO much more!

If you want to see pictures of the food at SOA, here's a link to the page where my pictures of this meal are (see post 4406).

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=773269&page=294&pp=15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter