Spirit or Frontier Airlines??

Have never flown Frontier, had one terrible Spirit experience 15 years ago, and have still never flown them again. That being said, the airline industry is in SUCH chaos right now, I'd be super leery of booking either in the near term. With the overall number of flights currently being cancelled (by ALL airlines, not just Spirit & Frontier), your options for last minute solutions are going to be greatly diminished. At least if you're with a legacy or one of the LC carriers with a bit better track record/reputation, you stand a better chance of getting to where you're going

I was carrying medical equipment on board and refunding the carry on I paid for.
The medical exemption applies if the bag exclusively contains medical stuff. Pack a pair of socks in the same bag and technically its not free. YMMV The rule might not be enforced 100%

I just booked Spirit last Monday to Orlando for next month. My outbound flight was cancelled and rescheduled for the day before 3 days later and the return flight was changed to leave 5 hours earlier 2 days after that. We cancelled and asked for a refund.

I’ve never flown spirit. I’ve only heard horror stories from friends and family.

We’ve flown frontier multiple times. There’s tons of flights out of PHL to all over the place. We’ve never had an issue. *knock on wood* I booked them for our return home from MCO for November. They had the latest flight so we booked.

We used to only book SW to MCO but there’s no more direct flights out of PHL. I’m not connecting for a 2 hour flight. I miss the free bags!

I've flown Frontier more than 100 times. During that time, I've had one cancelation where they couldn't get us home for 2 days, but that was because I was flying into a small airport that didn't have routes every day. If you're concerned about that situation happening, I'd suggest flying out of an airport that they schedule multiple flights every day of the week, if possible.

Frontier is not luxury travel. The seats are thin, the trays are small and the a la carte options are annoying, but they're the sole reason we're able to fly our family of 5 to Disney several times a year instead of one trip every year. We don't pick seats (they still seat us together) and we take backpacks to keep our costs down. The planes are new, and for the most part, their attendants and agents are pleasant. For a 2 hour flight that costs me usually no more than $50/person one way, I have zero complaints about Frontier.

We've never flown on either Airline.
So far both have cheapest flights.
But what about the fees??
Print tickets at home? Is there a fee??
Pick seats worth it(normally we don't)?
1 checked bag, should do this when booking ??? Is there a max weight?
My husband has a CPAP machine and can not be in checked bag, will they charge him as a carry on??
Heard they are convertible planes can anyone confirm this?

Heard they are convertible planes can anyone confirm this?
I assume this is a joke.

Years ago UPS, and maybe FEDEX, flew "convertible " planes. Seats were installed so the planes could fly charter flights during the day. The planes were configured so the seats could be quickly removed and whatever was needed for cargo could be instslled. I guess some might consider that convertible

I assume this is a joke.

Years ago UPS, and maybe FEDEX, flew "convertible " planes. Seats were installed so the planes could fly charter flights during the day. The planes were configured so the seats could be quickly removed and whatever was needed for cargo could be instslled. I guess some might consider that convertible
hahahaha yes

Personally, I won't fly either one. However, we have friends who have second homes in Florida and they use Spirit frequently. It's pretty easy for them as they don't need to travel with luggage, and if anything goes wrong they have a place to stay until they can fly in/out.

Personally, I won't fly either one. However, we have friends who have second homes in Florida and they use Spirit frequently. It's pretty easy for them as they don't need to travel with luggage, and if anything goes wrong they have a place to stay until they can fly in/out.
Hi; good when airlines stay competitive....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter