Splash consistently down?

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
Hi all! Is Splash Mtn fairly consistently down in the morning? I was hoping to make my way to it shortly after rope drop in March.

I was unsuccessful with this plan in December because the ride was down. I later got through standby with a 30 minute wait.

Just spot checking MDE for several mornings, it seems to be down a lot in the first hour.

Related question in my mind. If I switched our PP FP to Splash and received an anytime FP that morning, could I use the anytime FP at PP?

That’s what spurred my question, saw it on MDE - I’m sorry it’s down for you.

Saw on another group that someone received an anytime FP from Splash being disn and could not use it at PP or SDMT.
7DMT and PP are normally excluded on Anytime FP's from other rides going down.

Do you have to use your anytime FP before you can make a 4th FP selection?
No, but the ride that you missed out on which got you the anytime won't count towards your original 3. So if you had Splash and 2 others, splash goes down, you can add a different 3rd FP to replace Splash. Not a big deal at MK because there are no tiers but it needs to be accounted for at tiered parks.

Thanks for the replies! I’m still a little torn on getting a FP for Splash, just in case it’s down.

I’d have to give up my PP FP, but we could ride it on our DAH night (last night if trip, after Universal). I’m afraid my bf would dislike it more after all the flash of Universal.

Either way, I think we’ll have time to do both attractions over the two visits to MK.

Do you have to use your anytime FP before you can make a 4th FP selection?
No, however do not arrive late or early for any of your scheduled FP or the system will take your anytime FP. At least that's what we were told by a CM when we had several anytime FP loaded on our account. We were still able to make a 4th, 5th etc. without it using our anytime.

I believe so since that would be your third FP and you can’t get another until using all that you have.

I feel like this is what happened in December when RnRC was down and I got an anytime FP. It wouldn’t let me select another before using it. But I’m not positive.

I’m hoping other folks are correct! Thank you everyone!

Ok, just was wondering. I"m seeing that SDMT, Splash, and BTM is down. I have fp for all three when we are there. If this happens what happens with all my FP? Do I just get three anytime fp? or will they give me 3 anytime fp and I can pick 3 more? I'm thinking I just get the three anytime fp. Hoping this doesn't happen when we get there next week but with what I've seen the past few days, I'm not holding my breath.

Ok, just was wondering. I"m seeing that SDMT, Splash, and BTM is down. I have fp for all three when we are there. If this happens what happens with all my FP? Do I just get three anytime fp? or will they give me 3 anytime fp and I can pick 3 more? I'm thinking I just get the three anytime fp. Hoping this doesn't happen when we get there next week but with what I've seen the past few days, I'm not holding my breath.

During our October trip, a ride went down when we had a FP for it, and we were automatically given an anytime FP as a replacement.

7DMT and PP are normally excluded on Anytime FP's from other rides going down.

7DMT used to always be excluded, but when Buzz went down on my last visit, my Anytime FastPass only excluded Peter Pan and Pandora (FOP, NRJ) if I remember correctly. I think it might also have excluded Frozen, but not sure. It was the final hour so it was good through the next day and for all 4 parks. The ride ended up coming back on and I rode it Standby (walk on as I was right there when it reopened) and used the Anytime the following day.

I feel like this is what happened in December when RnRC was down and I got an anytime FP. It wouldn’t let me select another before using it. But I’m not positive.

I’m hoping other folks are correct! Thank you everyone!
An Anytime FP is a Bonus FP and does not count in your “initial 3” FPs.

So if you have Splash and it goes down, you receive the Bonus Anytime. You must choose another FP in place of Splash to use and then move on to Selecting FP#4. This must be done if you want to duplicate a ride from your initial 3 choices and you still have the Bonus with restrictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter